Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I just got the new iphone

Default I just got the new iphone
    With no activate and contract with any provider for the time being, can I use the iphone to play around with itune (as an ipod), connect into the internet, email, google maps........... and just want to get familiar with the iphone. Which program is better for me? If I use the Ziphone, is that I click the Do it all will be OK with me? The iphone I have is 8g with 1.1.4 firmware. Thanks.

yes ZiPhone will work but you should downgrade to 1.1.3 (there are many tutorials to do this) because it might mess up stuff on ur phone.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Saied For This Useful Post:

jmt888 (2008-04-09)

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

it didnt mess my 1.1.4 up.....

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gameviper For This Useful Post:

jmt888 (2008-04-09)

I got 1.4 OOB and able to unlock with Ziphone with one click to do all ... no problem!

I got 1.4 OOB and able to unlock with Ziphone with one click to do all ... no problem!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to voidtalk For This Useful Post:

jmt888 (2008-04-09)

I read from other discussions, they suggest to use 1.1.4, why I have to downgrade to 1.1.3? If I use Ziphone, is that I click the Do it all and just follow the instructions?
    One member said to me Pwnage was the best but no win for the time being, and would be out anytime. Do you think I better wait or just install the Ziphone now, and reinstall the Pwnage later? If so, will it affect the iphone with 2 different programes to unlock it? Sorry, I ask too much cause I know nothing about the iphone. Thanks.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

I would personally go with iLiberty. It has the most functionality with all the add ons you can load on all at once.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

jmt888 (2008-04-09)

Thanks

1.1.4 + ziphone 3.0 is the way to go.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to y0haan For This Useful Post:

jmt888 (2008-04-09)

Hi, say if I connect the iphone usb syc with pc, open itune, and ask me for activating with AT &T...... Now what I have to do is....

1. Click cancel
    2. Open Ziphone.exe, click Do it all until it finished the installing.

Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.
    Last edited by jmt888; 2008-04-09 at 08:17 AM.

i second the vote for iliberty or in fact better yet the pwnagetool. these are the best by far.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to antholyhotdamn For This Useful Post:

jmt888 (2008-04-09)

I really don't know what to do, some say zihone, some say iliberty, some say pwnage tool, which one I should load it on?

For Pwnage tool I know the win version is coming soon, may be it is better to wait until it is available. Or I try to load one of them to try it on one by one, test drive, but the point is will it breaks the iphone with more than one unlock program install?

not if you restored the iphone first,

personally i just used ziphone on 1.1.4 and it worked perfectly

19. The Following User Says Thank You to deck For This Useful Post:

jmt888 (2008-04-09)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by deck View Post
    not if you restored the iphone first,

personally i just used ziphone on 1.1.4 and it worked perfectly
    Same here, perfectly.

jmt888, just go with one of them. They both are effective & so I usually just stick with what works unless you are experienced to test, restore, test, restore and find out for yourself what works better.

There are plenty of guides here that will help you as well as a good Google search tool at the top of this page.

Good luck!!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to y0haan For This Useful Post:

jmt888 (2008-04-10)

Default Finally I unlock the Iphone with Ziphone 3.0
    Thanks guys, I finally unlock the iphone with ziphone 3.0 with no problem. Now, I have the change to see the icons and can play around with it. I have one question now is when I click the automatically sync with iphone when connected, however, there are no musics loaded into the iphone's ipod icon. What is wrong with it?
    Can anyone tell me how to load the musics from the iturn in which there is already with songs. Besides loading songs, what else I can use with iphone, (no sim card yet), say internet connecting and more.......... Where do I start with, any link I can read about? Thanks.

Thanks

The easiest way to do music is to just create a playlist in itunes and then sync your iphone with that playlist.
    16 GB 1.1.4 Ziphone Unlocked, Activated, Jailbroken
    If I helped you make sure to hit the thanks button

[How To] Customize on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4......Windows Guide...............OS X Guide

How To Fix A Broken Ringer/Silent Switch

24. The Following User Says Thank You to kcisjojo For This Useful Post:

jmt888 (2008-04-10)

Default About Volume Limit?
    I finally can load the songs into the iphone. Now I have another question, when I get into the setting, iPod, Sound Check is OFF, should it be ON?, about Volume Limit, it is Off, click in it, open Volume Limit, and click Lock Volume Limit, open Set Code, Enter a Volume Limit Code......What does it mean? What number should put in? Thanks.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmt888 View Post
    I finally can load the songs into the iphone. Now I have another question, when I get into the setting, iPod, Sound Check is OFF, should it be ON?, about Volume Limit, it is Off, click in it, open Volume Limit, and click Lock Volume Limit, open Set Code, Enter a Volume Limit Code......What does it mean? What number should put in? Thanks.
    Proper settings are
    Sound check = Off
    Volume Limit = Off

Volume limit is something a parent might use to lock the maximum volume setting for their child. That way the music cant be too loud.

Just leave'm both off.

[How To] Customize on 1.1.3 and 1.1.4......Windows Guide...............OS X Guide

27. The Following User Says Thank You to kcisjojo For This Useful Post:

jmt888 (2008-04-11)

Default Play around with the Installer.exe
    Hi, thanks so much for teaching me a lot from here. Now, I try to play around the installer.exe to get some apps. and I did install a few of the useful apps. However, when I carried on to install another one, and click install, it shows Error, Package download failed! Tru another one, the some happen? Would anyone tell me why? Thanks in advance.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmt888 View Post
    Hi, thanks so much for teaching me a lot from here. Now, I try to play around the installer.exe to get some apps. and I did install a few of the useful apps. However, when I carried on to install another one, and click install, it shows Error, Package download failed! Tru another one, the some happen? Would anyone tell me why? Thanks in advance.
    typically when that happens, their server is down or too busy at the moment. Just try again later. It should eventually come up.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to kcisjojo For This Useful Post:

jmt888 (2008-04-12)

Default How to delete the voice file in Voice note?
    I have download the voice note in installer.exe. It is working good. However, how can I delete the voice file in the iphone. What I mean is you don't want to add the voice file into the iphone at all time after each recording. Thanks.

Also, for the Sketches program, you can free hand drawing and writing into the iphone. Which is good for taking quick note. How can you save the sketches into the iphone? And how to change the size of the drawing pen?
    Last edited by jmt888; 2008-04-13 at 12:23 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast