Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone going into Restore Mode

Default iPhone going into Restore Mode
    Hi,

I have a 8 gb 1.1.4, 3.9 BL iPhone. I recently restored it and used ziphone to unlock it. Phone was working perfectly.

I installed a bunch of applications and since then everytime I switch off my iPhone (slide the red bar), it goes into recovery mode instead of restarting and then I have to use iLiberty+ or Ziphone to jump it out of recovery mode.

I do not want to do a restore as I have a lot off applications installed. Plz advice on any other fix.

EDIT: 42 views and no reply........c'mon.....someone must know a solution.
    Last edited by dhawalsinha; 2008-04-09 at 07:22 AM.

Heyy buddy !!!...ok sooo i had the same problem as you hadd and i was very worried because like you, i had a lot of apps and sources..but i had no choice and i convinced myself to restore the iphone using Iliberty..and so when i pressed 'ok lets go' or what ever it was, it started to do its job and i waited for like 5 mins and it was done..and when it rebooted again, i still hadd the same stuff and apps with themes and skins..And i switched it off again and on, and it was working perfectly without going in the recovery mode..

So i hope this works for you..Good luck my friend and if it works send me an email plss-- [email protected]

WAITTTTTT DO NOT RESTORE

theres an easier way. ssh to ur phone and run this command

nvram auto-boot="true"

done (welcome)
    hit thanks if thanks are due.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mbrooksr For This Useful Post:

dhawalsinha (2008-05-23)

thanks a lot for the help guys. i wanted to try out winpwn so i went in for the restore.