Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Pwnage / iLiberty+ / iPlus2.0

Default Pwnage / iLiberty+ / iPlus2.0
    Hi all,

I am going to help my mom's friend to unlock her newly bought iPhone. But searching through the whole forum, it seems that there are several new methods claiming they are the safest method for unlocking. I would like to know which method should I use to help my mom's friend to unlock her "newly bought" iphone? And why?

I have not opened the package yet, but I believe it should be 1.1.4.

I used iPlus 2.0 to unlock my iphone previously and I have no problem with it. Should I keep using iPlus2.0 or use the other newer methods?

Thank you for your comments in advance.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

you should use what you're comfortable with. if 2.0 gave you no problems and you've already used it before, i would.

i used iPlus 1.2 to unlock mine and plan to use Pwnage to unlock my sister's but if for some reason that doesn't go well, I'd definitely go back to iPlus. they all get you to the same place for the most part

You could use Ziphone. To me, Ziphone is also good and reliable unlock tool. I used it to unlock my bro's IP, it is good.

Thanks

Use iLiberty+.

Another vote for iLiberty here.
    Just used it last weekend once i restored to get the ziphone stuff off.
    iLiberty was quick and easy, it also has options to install apps at the same time.

the fact that the iphone devs recommend pwnage, as does the owner of this forum - I would suggest using that!

I would recommend PWNage myself but, as others have said iLiberty is a solid tool as well. As others have pointed out, one of the big benefits of iLiberty is auto-loading apps to the iPhone. And, one of the big benefits to PWNage is the loading of custom firmware and being able to do it through iTunes itself. I'd say overall, thats probably you're best bet as you can (to some degree) limit the damage she could do to "mess up" your unlock/jailbreak/activation after you hand the iPhone back over to her.