Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: AT&T in Puerto Rico - Activation Question

Default AT&T in Puerto Rico - Activation Question
    Here is a summary at a special situation here in PR. We have AT&T but Apple will not let you activate the iPhone (at least not until today) over iTunes if you live in Puerto Rico. Yeap, that is right!

So, I decided to jailbreak/unlock my phone with a friend of mine. So, right now I have the following:

1. iPhone 1.0.2
    2. Jailbreak (SSH)
    3. iUnlock
    4. YouTube Open

With a lot going on with the new 1.1.1 jailbreak and unlocked.... I was wondering if anybody can guide me on the right track to later on move to the new 1.1.1 software. Please note that this is a special situation where I am with AT&T but can not activate my phone using iTunes.

Here are my questions:

1. Do i really need to unlock my phone even I am a AT&T user but can not activate my phone? Or.. Should I only bypass the activation and YouTube and that will do the trick?
    2. When you upgrade to 1.1.1.... Does the iPhone/iTunes force you to re-activate the phone?

My main goal for this thread is to make sure that I go to the right track to upgrade (when ready and available) to 1.1.1 from my current situation. I will appreciate any guidance I can get on this matter.

Thanks for your help in advanced!

-Joed

Note: If this is not the right forum... I appologize.... seems to me that the situation in my case relies on the Activation part of the phone.

ttt
    Last edited by joedr; 2007-10-15 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

FYI AT&T in Puerto Rico all you have to do is activate the iPhone outside of iTunes using whichever method of your choosing.

The easiest is jailbreakme.com methold. If you are staying with AT&T you do NOT have to unlock.