Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Setting up yahoo Email problems

Default Setting up yahoo Email problems
    HEy guys looking for some help with settign up my yahoo mail. I keep getting this error saying user name or password for "imap.apple.mail.yahoo.com is incorrect. How do i fix this?

The solution for this is to have a password that consists only of alphanumeric characters.

I must be the exception because mine IS and I can't setup my mail account at all.

My iPhone is a Part of Me BarcaMagic's Avatar
    Thanks

check under "all packaged " iv seen a fix for email , i never needed it ,but it may work

PS;its gonna be on top under all packages

Just install the youtube activation fix.

Worked for me.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chibiducky View Post
    Just install the youtube activation fix.

Worked for me.
    I am on version 1.1.4. and I installed both youtube fixes and I still can't get youtube nor my yahoo email to work. Any other suggestions? I'm starting to wonder if I should've just stuck with my hunt for a blackberry curve cause I'm having a lot of difficulty getting things to run correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by rwfanatic View Post
    I am on version 1.1.4. and I installed both youtube fixes and I still can't get youtube nor my yahoo email to work. Any other suggestions? I'm starting to wonder if I should've just stuck with my hunt for a blackberry curve cause I'm having a lot of difficulty getting things to run correctly.
    You are frustrated, my friend, but hang in there. I know how you feel There are alternatives that work equally well. My gmail and aol email accounts work perfect on my iPhone. I set up a bookmark to my yahoo email account on the homescreen. It takes me straight to the yahoo mobile email screen in Safari in about two seconds.
    To watch videos there's www.vtap.com on the web. Or from installer you can download MxTube and YouTubeWeb.

These are the things I use. I never got Yahoo mail or youtube to work directly on my iPhone no matter what I did. I hope this can help you.

I had 3 Blackberrys in 1 year. The dumb trackball broke on each of them. That's why I bought my iPhone. No trackball or stupid stylus for me to lose. This is the best phone I've ever had.

does anyone have a solution for not recieving email thru Yahoo? All I get is " cannot get mail " , " imap.apple.yahoo.com " password incorrect, it's get fustrating. I have set up an email account several times with deleting and recreating, can someone please help. I now have some kind of idea how Tom Hanks felt on the movie " Cast a Way ". heeeeeeeeeeeeelp....

How about setting it up as a POP mail account?

You're not alone--there's a lot of people apparently having this problem all of a sudden. My yahoo accounts were working fine on my iPhone until a few days ago, when I kept getting the same message you're getting. Tried deleting the account and adding it again, which worked for a day or 2, but then it started with that message again. Still haven't heard anyone finding a fix for this. It must be a Yahoo issue, though, because I found an att forum of people with this problem, but I'm using mine on Tmobile, so it's not a carrier issue.

Quote Originally Posted by rwfanatic View Post

Did you try doing the YouTube fix where you manually replace files in the phone? I just discovered that I was having a YouTube problem (it was saying I needed to connect to the internet through iTunes) so I replaced the files as listed in the article below, and seems to have also fixed my mail problems. My current yahoo account is now connecting w/o any problems and I was able to set up a new account without issue. I used a program called Disk Aid to hack into the files.

Error - You must first connect to iTunes with an Internet connection to enable YouTube - iPhone System, iPhone Tips& tricks - iPhoneFreakz