Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: mobile chat not working while on edge...

Default mobile chat not working while on edge...
    Hi guys,

Can you please help me out. I have downloaded mobile chat, live score, apollo and a few apps for my iphone. They do not seem to work while i'm on the edge network and it works perfectly fine if I have a wifi connection. Can anyone please advise...

thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

same here, it works fine in wifi but with t-mobile data plan, it connects then shows buddy list for a few seconds then closes

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

as far as i know mobilechat aim only works on wifi and not edge but msn has worked okay for me on both wifi and edge

Same here, mine only works on wifi. If there is a fix out there, someone please advise !!

Thanks !
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge"
    -Einstein

you need to add the total internet plan + vpn service to your plan. you can't add it from the my.t-mobile.com website, so you have to call them. i did and it works fine now. using mobilechat + insomnia on edge

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

i have the 20 dollar internet plan already but whats the vpn service?

The VPN (virtual private network) is actually meant for accessing another computer through a secure connection, usually for enterprise purposes.

How it enables apps like mobilechat and apolloim to work with edge is beyond me, however it does work. You just call up customer service and ask them to add the VPN service to your total internet plan. You will then have to change your apn to internet3.voicestream.com. The guy told me that it was going to additional $10 to my plan, however I haven't seen any changes in the last 6-7 months.