Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quick question about restoring

Default Quick question about restoring
    I'm a new owner 1.1.4 J/U/A iphone everything works perfect but my question is if can restore the phone thru itunes without worrying that the phone will go back to its original setting. the reason i ask, coz i want to change the owners name on the phone i bought the phone used. I know im a noob but i've used the search and i cant find anything that relates to my question. any help or explanation will greatly appreciate.

if you are refering to the name on the left side of the screen where you see the iphone icon then you can do that manually without restoring by just clicking on the name once and wait until its highligthed and changing it. I don't own an iphone yet so that may not be what you need.

Don't restore in iTunes. That will re-lock the phone. All you need to do is highlight the iPhone name in iTunes, then change it.

ok thanks for answering my questions abouth changing the profiles name but how about the number?

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

if you want to change your phone number you have to contact your carrier. but if your phone is unlocked its probably not a good idea.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.