Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: tmobile to AT&T - got iphone to tmobile on Ziphone

Default tmobile to AT&T - got iphone to tmobile on Ziphone
    tmobile to AT&T - got iphone to tmobile on Ziphone

What are the steps to move from t-mobile to AT&T? - 1.1.4 16gb iPhone was unlocked, jailbroke, & activated on Ziphone.

What sim card should I use and when?

I am going to have to go to a contract on AT&T to get better cellular coverage where I work.

Thanks for your help
    Last edited by shawv; 2008-03-27 at 04:35 AM.

I actually went the other way around: AT&T to T-Mobile.

Hardware wise, you should be okay. Uninstall any T-Mobile hacks and just stick in your AT&T sim card.

Service wise, since you already have an activated, jailbroken, and unlocked phone, I would sign up with a 1 year contract with AT&T (yes, they can do that) and not tell them you have an iPhone (say you have a European phone for instance). Then you won't be asked why you didn't just activate it via iTunes. As for the data plan, I'm not sure what the best route for that would be.

If you want to be legit about it, you will have to restore your phone back to factory settings (not sure if Ziphone would cause problems here) and activate via iTunes with the sim card that came with the phone.
    Last edited by iHeartMyiPhone; 2008-03-27 at 06:44 AM.

If you are going to use the iphone on att you will need a data plan of $20 per month if your going to sign a contract. If you dont care to sign the contract just activated through itunes then jailbreak, unlock it to use later on with any carrier. You are automatically going to get a 3G SIM card when you get a att sim. There really is not not much to it.

Nelson Costa

"Make a Decision and never look back"

I am planning the same thing just so I can use Edge. I unocked/jailbroke w/ iLiberty. My phone was 1.1.4 OOB. I really don't want to restore and lose all my contacts and email info. I have 6 accounts on email...took me forever to put in all the passwords to send

Do I need to restore, or can I just put the AT&T sim it came with back in?

Thanks in advance for the help guys!

Scott

Just restore in iTunes and then set it up through iTunes when it restarts and is recognized. There is no need to do anything else. If you sync with outlook before you restore, your contacts and apointments will not be lost. Once you set the phone up on AT&T, you can just re-jailbreak w/o activating since it will already be activated.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jbrinker0328 For This Useful Post:

way2fst4u (2008-04-21)

Thanks JB...exactly what I was hoping for.

OK Stupid question...Sync isn't moving my contacts back to outlook. Also, my email info gets sync'd but I have to put the password in manually to be able to send again. Is this normal? How do I save the contacts from the phone if they're not in Outlook now?
    Last edited by way2fst4u; 2008-04-21 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default From T-mobile to factory settings
    I have an 1.1.4 16gb iphone unlocked using Ziphone purchased in April, 08. I have itunes 7.7 and I use t-mobile service and have Edge hack.

My iphone vibration has malfunctioned and I want to get it fixed by apple. Of course Apple won't touch it in its present state.

1) What are the necessary steps to place my iphone in an acceptable state where Apple will fix it. Please be extra specific on the details.

2) If and when it reaches an acceptable state am I still eligible to upgrade to 3g?

Thank you so much for your attention.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blenkt01 View Post
    I have an 1.1.4 16gb iphone unlocked using Ziphone purchased in April, 08. I have itunes 7.7 and I use t-mobile service and have Edge hack.

My iphone vibration has malfunctioned and I want to get it fixed by apple. Of course Apple won't touch it in its present state.

1) What are the necessary steps to place my iphone in an acceptable state where Apple will fix it. Please be extra specific on the details.

2) If and when it reaches an acceptable state am I still eligible to upgrade to 3g?

Thank you so much for your attention.
    Use winpwn & only click activate when you run it. That will give you an activated but NOT unlocked or jailbroken phone. You can find winpwn here, Jailbreak and Unlock 2.x on Windows - ModMyi - Wiki. GOOD LUCK.

Don't be fooled by the heading in the link~ you can use it to just activate the phone. It will ask you when you open it exactly what you want to do. Just go slow & follow all the directions. You could train a monkey to do it in 15 min ;-)
    Last edited by infamous12550; 2008-11-22 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Win or lose, I promise you violence"

Wanderlei Silva