Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: I need your advice on my situation....

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default I need your advice on my situation....
    Ok, I just upgraded my iPhone to 1.1.4 and unlocked, jailbroke, and activated it...
    I had a prepaid Sidekick 3 this past summer. I got sick of it and got an iPhone...but waited to finally get it unlocked to use my T-Mobile sim card.
    My question is now...will I be able to actually call on my prepaid sim? It shows my new and everything.
    If I'm able to use it or not....bascially all i'm looking for in using my iPhone is the phone feature(I don't use it that much, mostly emergency purposes), maps and the internet. I can use the mail,weather, and youtube whenever I get an wifi connection...
    So this leads to my next question...
    What would be my best option for me to get on T-Mobile?
    I'm not looking to spend anything over $30 a month....
    Thanks in advance
    The Young Hustla

any advice???
    Got plenty of views, but apparently no one has an opinion
    Last edited by TheYoungHustla; 2008-03-27 at 06:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

the reason that people don't have an "opinion" is probably because if you just read through the forum, you could have come up with your own "opinion"

you can use your prepaid sim in an unlocked iphone

if you dont' want to spend much, get tzones for the internet. i don't know how prepaid sim works with internet plans so you'll have to do your own research on that. no one knows what the best option would be for you but yourself

Thanks

See..That's why I asked if anyone knew the best option to actually use the phone...
    not use my iPhone as an iPod Touch....
    That's what I bought the iPhone for, to actually use the Phone feature on T-Mobile...
    but as I read through the forum all I saw was the same thing...T-Mobile Data plan/ internet plan/ Tzones hack ...
    Nobody's talking about actually using the Phone

The reason no one is saying anything is because using the phone for just a phone is pointless, well unless you were planning on using it as an ipod as well. Why spend $500 on a smart phone if your not gonna use it for the purpose intended. But to answer you question your prepaid sim should work if you just pop it in where the sim goes. I believe they offer a data plan on the prepaid service for $1 a day. I think the reason most of the threads are about the internet portion is because that is what most people have a problem getting to work with the iphone and t-mobile. Im not sure why you would want to use prepaid unless you cant get postpaid service or dont want to sign a contract with them. For 39.99 they have alot of different plans that im sure would suit your needs and you could always add internet later if you wanted it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by raaron12 View Post
    The reason no one is saying anything is because using the phone for just a phone is pointless, well unless you were planning on using it as an ipod as well. Why spend $500 on a smart phone if your not gonna use it for the purpose intended. But to answer you question your prepaid sim should work if you just pop it in where the sim goes. I believe they offer a data plan on the prepaid service for $1 a day. I think the reason most of the threads are about the internet portion is because that is what most people have a problem getting to work with the iphone and t-mobile. Im not sure why you would want to use prepaid unless you cant get postpaid service or dont want to sign a contract with them. For 39.99 they have alot of different plans that im sure would suit your needs and you could always add internet later if you wanted it.
    Yea I'm looking to use both the phone and the other features...
    but like I said...that stuff is free when you're in an wifi area...and yea I use all of the iphone features...but I use that on wifi which is free....so that "data" stuff isn't really that important right now...

I heard the sidekick data plan doesn't work w/ the iPhone though...
    which prepaid data plan does work w/ it from T-Mobile

Thanks

you can get any TMobile plan that is offered with flexpay. You just pay the first month ahead of time, instead of getting it after the fact. I think they have a a $19.99 plan for like 60 minutes. Get that if you want. To me, dropping $6 is worth it because, hey, why use google maps only in a wifi spot? If you are driving, need some quick directions, what do you do? But thats just me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by frankydabull View Post
    you can get any TMobile plan that is offered with flexpay. You just pay the first month ahead of time, instead of getting it after the fact. I think they have a a $19.99 plan for like 60 minutes. Get that if you want. To me, dropping $6 is worth it because, hey, why use google maps only in a wifi spot? If you are driving, need some quick directions, what do you do? But thats just me.
    Thanks...finally some good advice...
    So you're saying I should get the flexpay plan and add the tZones w/ it?
    Because I do use google maps when I'm drivin and hate it when I get lost and have to depend on a wifi connection...
    Total ~$26.00 = ~$30.00 a month?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Plan name: Individual Basic /Whenever Minutes: 300 / Weekend and Night Mins: Unlimited Weekends / myFaves Minutes N/A / Price per month $29.99
    + t-zone zone $5.99
    If you just want to used your i phone pre-paid is should work.

Originally Posted by BeckssGirl View Post
    Hi guys .. Hope this helps someone out there.. I was having problems with T-Mobile T-Zones .. Only thing working was gmail emails.. I am getting 502 error message in safari.. I was so frustrated I did Restore 1.1.4 following Ziphone instructions I performed the UnLock..which is the Easiest Before you do that...do you have Community Sources Installed? It turns out I forgot to install Community Sources.. see if you have it installed? Once I installed it my FULL T-Zones was back

After my Restore to 1.1.4 & UnLock I did the following (Perform in order):
    *Select Installer.app > Select Install > All Packages > Community Sources > Install
    *Select Installer.app > Select System > BSD Subsystem > Install
    *Select Installer.app > Select Install > All Packages > OpenSSH > Install

T-Zones $5.99 Proxy Hack (If you currently have these, UnInstall & ReInstall Them):
    Select Installer.app > Select Install > All Packages > Bigboss's Beta/Experimental Source > Install
    Select Install > Tweaks (1.1.3) > Install T-Mobile 1.1.3 TZones Hack..
    Settings > General >Network > Edge > APN: type in: wap.voicestream.com Leave Username & PassWord Blank
    NILO CASTELLANO
    FREE IPHONE
    IPhone:16GB
    Product Version: 1.1.4(4A102)
    Baseband Version:+(Modem Firmware 04.04.05_G)
    +(Bootloader Version 3.9_M3S2)
    I tunes Version:7.6
    Zip Phone Version: 2.5
    MAC OS X: 10.4.11
    T-mobile Unlimited Minutes+T-Zones

Thanks

I got it working...well calls..on my prepaid sim card.
    I asked for the flexpay, but they said it started at $30 and up.
    I also asked for the T-zones and they said that I have to call customer service and that it's only available with an internet plan...
    I know this isn't true...can someone here help me to get Tzones....?????

Thanks

Bump

Tzones is the name of their little cellphone homepage, you have to specify Tzones internet or 5.99 internet plan, i think they changed the name, and if you tell them its for the iphone they are gonna talk you into the full data plan, which is 10.00 a month now i think (if you say the 19.99 plan they will sell it to you for that) you do need a voice package to use data though. if you have a tmobile account i would suggest making edits to your plan with my.tmobile.com less confusing and its faster if you have broadband.
    T-mobile has stolen my wallet's heart

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i think you've mistaken. there's no data plan for $10 or even $9.99. there is the $19.99 total internet plan or $9.99 for windows mobile email add on

Thanks

So when I ask for the T-Zones service, and in return they ask me for what type of device I have; what phone should I say?

Thanks

DO I just call up T-Mobile and ask for the T-Mobile Web $5.99 package and then say I have a Blackberry Curve or something?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

why don't you just do it online if you're so worried about what they're going to ask and coming up with an answer? they can see what phone you're using anyways. you can add whatever you want to your plan. they can't tell you no

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jtesnani View Post
    why don't you just do it online if you're so worried about what they're going to ask and coming up with an answer? they can see what phone you're using anyways. you can add whatever you want to your plan. they can't tell you no
    Well as I checked the website already, I couldn't find out how to add services to my account; considering I'm on prepaid.
    I looked up t-zones and whatnot, but nothing led me to the point of where I could actually add anything to my account.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i don't think you can add tzones or any internet plan to a prepaid account, only a sidekick plan