Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Edge Settings For Fully Functional Youtube !!!

after installing the preference.plist for some reason safari is having problems. sometimes it works fine but at other times it takes FOREVER to load a page . how can i go back to the old preference plist?

Quote Originally Posted by roosevelthunt View Post
    My Youtube doesn't hang-up it says YouTube not available, did the service app worked like a charm getting speeds of 196.22 kbps when doing the network edge test so I know I'm on edge and it's working because it's loading every other page out there but when I google YouTube and try to play a video it tells me my browser doesn't support Java or I have an old version of Macromedia Flash. When I try to run the app and not just do a search it says YouTube not available, anyone run into this?

Also Used ReVan's tutorial to unlock my phone and had no problems, and have no problems other than the YouTube.
    Having the EXACT same issue. Internet seems kinda spotty too. Mine just stopped working last night. What the hell happened to everyones phones?

EDIT: These cert files do the job to get Youtube back

Step 2

http://iphone.unlock.no/
    Last edited by rufus; 2007-10-19 at 10:21 PM.

ok, so if I'm understanding right...you got the $20 plan and your youtube search function works find inside the YouTube.app? What about mobilechat?

what do you use if you have a mac and you're not using ibricker?

Thanks

Im on the 20$ plan and everything works as its supposed to on the phone except visual mail ofcourse. And anyone who can say that there cheap 5$ tzones with the proxy hack is just as good is full of it all you have to do is the speed test to see that.
    8GB iPhone 1.0.2 Unlocked - Revirginized - Then 1.1.1 Jailbroken and Unlocked (Gone Bad - Traded In)

8GB iPhone 1.1.1 OTB JB - Unlocked - Restored to 1.1.3 JB and Unlocked (SOLD)

16GB iPhone 1.1.4 OTB JB / Activated / Unlocked - With iPlus2.0b (Current)

5000 iPhone wallpapers click here]

Followed directions perfectly, still says I'm not subscribed to the EDGE network when I turn off wifi and try to connect to the internet through safari.

Please help.

EDIT: Got mine fixed, had to drop the sidekick plan and get the unlimited internet plan. Now youtube, weather, safari, etc all work fine.
    Last edited by F3nom3ni; 2007-11-02 at 06:08 PM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

You Tube is unwatchable on EDGE and it takes forever to load. I'll stick to TZones and save myself $14 a month. This thread is pointless.

For some odd reason my iPhone (1.1.1 jailbreak/unlock) looses the APN every now and then ...

I noticed that for tzones access it uses the t-mobile proxy; you think it would be possible to use that proxy with the $20/mo data plan, just to access t-zones? (probably faster than My T-Mobile) ...
    Last edited by Hansaplast; 2007-11-06 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ok can someone tell me where i can find myapn settings because i am completely lost

sorry for not answering, i was not able to visit this awes0me forum for days cuz of work. u can find ur apn by going to settings>general>networks>edge>apn
    ░▒▓█ Working iPhone v2.0.1 with T-Mobile
    ░▒▓█ Call In/Out ► Yes/Yes
    ░▒▓█ SMS In/Out ► Yes/Yes
    ░▒▓█ WiFi/EDGE ► Yes
    ░▒▓█ YouTube App ► Yes
    ░▒▓█ Voicemail ► Yes
    ░▒▓█ iVolume v1.3 MOD ► Yes

Quote Originally Posted by JD914 View Post
    You Tube is unwatchable on EDGE and it takes forever to load. I'll stick to TZones and save myself $14 a month. This thread is pointless.
    Agree 100%. Watching YouTube on EDGE is horrible and pointless, certainly not even $1 more a month, let alone $14. I never watch YouTube on EDGE and I bet the author of this thread doesn't even do it and just hasn't really thought about it.

Huh, youtube over edge works great for me. Takes about 5 seconds to stream in data, but then the video starts and plays smoothly after that.

Default What if I am on a MAC
    Where does the Plst file go. and just to be sure this is what I am looking for. I am trying to get my edge working on a unlocked T mobile Iphone with 1.1.1 running, usng Ifuntastic

Thanks Agent CRF250

internet2.voicestream.com works great, however it doesn't remain in general>network>edge>APN after you power off/on or go in/out of airplane mode.

I'm 1.1.1

paragonja, u gotta have installer.app on ur iPhone then add this as a source "i.unlock.no" then wait til the source list is refreshed. once it is, go to "install>unlocking tools>edge fix" install the edge fix and ur "APN" will show up under SETTINGS>GENERAL>NETWORK. like it used to on the 1.0.2.

and to reply to WILDONRIO, dude i watch youtube on my iPhone over EDGE ALL THE TIME !!! im on 1.1.1. and my edge works perfect. the videos load under less than 3 seconds. and if ur wondering, i watch vids on youtube when im working. i get bored easily when i have nothin to do. or when im in my boring psych class in college. i dont know about ur edge but my edge speeds i can say are like 3/4ths of the wi-fi speed i get at home, work & school.

im on 1.1.1. and about to go onto 1.1.2, but right now 1.1.2 kinda seems pointless, i LUV 1.1.1.
    ░▒▓█ Working iPhone v2.0.1 with T-Mobile
    ░▒▓█ Call In/Out ► Yes/Yes
    ░▒▓█ SMS In/Out ► Yes/Yes
    ░▒▓█ WiFi/EDGE ► Yes
    ░▒▓█ YouTube App ► Yes
    ░▒▓█ Voicemail ► Yes
    ░▒▓█ iVolume v1.3 MOD ► Yes

do the mobile chat and colloquy programs work with the 19$ total internet? Im trying to decide if its more worthwile than my tzones hack.

i used both total internet and tzone the only differece is Youtube, and i don't think that worth 14 dollars. . .
    Last edited by henimerze; 2007-11-25 at 04:58 AM.

Sorry for the n00bie post, but I just wanted to mention that after a lot of searching (I mean a LOT), this post helped me get my EDGE connection running with T-Mobile Total Internet.

The key to doing it successfully is in setting the APN to the correct address PRIOR to putting the new preferences.plist file on the phone, and then NOT checking the APN settings after. When you check the settings, the phone modifies the file and keeps the EDGE connection from working, but if you set APN, upload the .plist and reboot, it works perfectly.

Currently getting 146.5 A lot better than sub-90's on GPRS.

Quote Originally Posted by frnkied View Post
    paragonja, u gotta have installer.app on ur iPhone then add this as a source "i.unlock.no" then wait til the source list is refreshed. once it is, go to "install>unlocking tools>edge fix" install the edge fix and ur "APN" will show up under SETTINGS>GENERAL>NETWORK. like it used to on the 1.0.2.

and to reply to WILDONRIO, dude i watch youtube on my iPhone over EDGE ALL THE TIME !!! im on 1.1.1. and my edge works perfect. the videos load under less than 3 seconds. and if ur wondering, i watch vids on youtube when im working. i get bored easily when i have nothin to do. or when im in my boring psych class in college. i dont know about ur edge but my edge speeds i can say are like 3/4ths of the wi-fi speed i get at home, work & school.

im on 1.1.1. and about to go onto 1.1.2, but right now 1.1.2 kinda seems pointless, i LUV 1.1.1.
    First off...Thanks !! I'm clicking thanks right after this post. Worked for me right away.

I'm running 1.1.2 and finallly got some juice with APN. I was using wap.voicestream.com for weeks before changing to internet2.voicestream.com and I see a major difference in speed for the better with total internet.

I'm guessing it might be location related. I'm in Jackson Hole Wyoming and am usually roaming on Edge Wireless (the phone company) at full bars instead of the T-Mobile tower which is a much weaker signal. The combination of it all adds up to Edge/total internet working for me great !

If anyone gets the "you are not signed up for edge service" message, check with T-Mobile. I got that message after weeks of successfully using wap only to find out somehow, coincidentally, my data plan got shut off when I changed settings in my phone to internet2. Mind you this was just a coincidence, but it made things more confusing. Once I got that sorted out I didn't get the "...not signed up to edge" mesage anymore, but I just timed out. I spaced out the plist.preferences change that needed to be made.

I used iPhoneBrowser, droped it in the appropriate folder, shut down the phone and restarted and * Bingo * full internet and actually much faster than when I was using wap earlier today. Same location (my home) and same roaming network (edge wireless).

I'm a happy camper...

Thanks frnkied !!

Default Iphone editing files
    what software can i use to open up my files on the computer so i can edit the files not shown just when u plug the phone to the computer

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast