Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: tmobile helping iPhone hackers

Question tmobile helping iPhone hackers
    I talked with a tmobile rep today an he told me that I can get auto updates for my phone with my consent

He said it will improve sim functionality, sound quality, Internet speeds and other things which he said I need to contact a tech for info on, I thought about doing this but he said Id have to get total Internet addon or something, anyone else have more info?
    T-mobile has stolen my wallet's heart

2. The Following User Says Thank You to pouncer11 For This Useful Post:

franijose (2007-12-04)

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

umm r u saying we need to update our tmobile sim card?
     Think Different

no the way I took it was tmobile will send you iphone software updates that tailor your phone and plan to tmobile
    optimization if you will

Livin the iPhone Life aziatiklover's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pouncer11 View Post
    no the way I took it was tmobile will send you iphone software updates that tailor your phone and plan to tmobile
    optimization if you will
    I don't think it's gonna happen
     Think Different

It's very interesting. I have T-mobile total internet. And EDGE speed way faster than AT&T. But I'm having connectivity issues. So quetion is, did you tell him that you using an iPhone unlocked. And what this rep said exactly about updates with sighning consent? Are they for the phone itself or networking twiks ?

Thanks in advance.

I have 2 roommates tgat work for at&t and i used to work for t mobile so, im pretty confident in saying.... the rep was simply talking about updates for your t mobile sim card. Not about updates for your iphone. At&t does the same thing... Most the time the updates for your sim are sent automatically and willtake effect the next time you power cycle your phone...

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Default T-mobile has no OTA ---
    I Work for t-mobile Advance tech - care.. currently it is against t-mobile policy to provide any support for an iphone if a rep does that ..such as even helping or trying to set up the internet doesn't matter which internet package, he/she is risking his/her job.... there is no directions or help avilable for that matter on how to even start ! lol ! iphone is not like your typical Nokia or other brands where there is a settings menu dedicated to WAp config........

By the way . that is called "DOTAC" that update device's internet , MMS , and other WAp setting.. and this wont be avilable anytime soon .

Sim updates do not do anything to your device ! or improve the performance of ur device in any way or shape ...they are dedicated to something completely different
    Last edited by jayc7176; 2007-10-04 at 12:16 PM.

shoot i was sure he knew what he was talking about too, but he did say about configuring total interent and taht the get alot of us calling

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

That is true, m sure he knew what he was saying! But FOR a over the air update or internet config it has to go through testing before it can be sent to your device,just to be careful so it does not result in damaging your device, but they will tell you before sending if your device gets damaged in any way shape or form they are not responsible. But I have to say as much as i would like to see a over the air config but it wouldnt do so much . since the only thing that will be really useful will be MMS setting ! other then that .. total internet doesn't need anything config ! You dont have patch ur device just go under EDGE and do it right there.

so lets hope an OTA for MMS does come out but not sure if it will come anytime soon .

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jayc7176 For This Useful Post:

BustAGroove (2007-10-19)

works for me

also he said if i upgrade to total internet ill get double speeds, is this true and/or worth it

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jayc7176 View Post
    I Work for t-mobile Advance tech - care.. currently it is against t-mobile policy to provide any support for an iphone if a rep does that ..such as even helping or trying to set up the internet doesn't matter which internet package, he/she is risking his/her job.... there is no directions or help avilable for that matter on how to even start ! lol ! iphone is not like your typical Nokia or other brands where there is a settings menu dedicated to WAp config........

By the way . that is called "DOTAC" that update device's internet , MMS , and other WAp setting.. and this wont be avilable anytime soon .

Sim updates do not do anything to your device ! or improve the performance of ur device in any way or shape ...they are dedicated to something completely different
    thank you for setting the noobs straight

I called a rep today about setting up my tzones on the iphone. I was told to call back using the iphone and he'll send me a setting(dotac) to get tzones to work on an iphone.

This is interesting... When I called TMO to change my plan (I was calling from my iPhone) The rep knew I was on an iPhone!! Anyway they were very stern about how they will NOT guarantee taht the iphone will work on the network.. blah..blah...

They knew because the sim is in your iphone i believe. All 3 rep I talked to all said "oh youre using an iphone?"

iPhone? More like MyPhone bootleg's Avatar
    Thanks

i called to set up total internet and the t-mobile rep had all the iphone settings and worked me right through it. and when i upgraded to 1.1.1 a rep confimed and gave me the alt code of internet2.voicestream to replace wap.voicestream

there wasn't the slightest hesitation to help and the rep actually said she was able to pull up all the correct settings on her screen. and she knew exactly how to navigate through the iphone settings menu...

that was two separate calls one for my first iphone on 1.0.2 and then for a totally new out of the box 1.1.1...

by the way, t-mobile is a great service it was wonderful for 6 years on a variety of treos and it's flawless on the iphone

I have an unlocked Iphone that I bought from U.S and i'm living in Europe I called T mobile and they said that in the Netherlands there is no EDGE network only UMTS or GPRS does anyone know if there are settings to use these if there is no EDGE network avaliable? so far on this site there has been some great info and I have at present e-mail from outlook sync'ing (via home wi-fi net work) you tube fully working on an unlocked phone using V1.1.1. I also have the email being delivered to the phone when i'm on my home network. So i'm quite happy with the progress so far but getting the internet to work with my t-mobile contract would be perfect.

hey guys, I seem to have a slight issue, I had the 1.02 firmware, worked great with the edge setting (internet2.voicestream.com) then i update to 1.1.1 and now when i enter the edge info, reboot the phone or connect to wifi and then back to edge, i loose the setting and have to type it in again. I find myself having to retype it more a lot when the phone is turned on from the sleep mode and then try to go online

There's a thread on mmi about 1.1.1 FM edge settings disappearing... along with a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by wbennin20 View Post
    hey guys, I seem to have a slight issue, I had the 1.02 firmware, worked great with the edge setting (internet2.voicestream.com) then i update to 1.1.1 and now when i enter the edge info, reboot the phone or connect to wifi and then back to edge, i loose the setting and have to type it in again. I find myself having to retype it more a lot when the phone is turned on from the sleep mode and then try to go online

The solution to this is to SSH/SCP into the iPhone /System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/ and transferred the UnknownCarrier.plist file to you desktop and edit with TextEdit on mac, or note pad on windows.

Just look for the section that specifies the APN settings and fill in the blanks appropriately, for example:

Code:

<array>
    <dict>
    <key>apn</key>
    <string>internet.com</string>
    <key>password</key>
    <string>wap</string>
    <key>username</key>
    <string>wapuser1</string>
    </dict>
    <dict>
    <key>apn</key>
    <string>internet.com</string>
    <key>password</key>
    <string>wap</string>
    <key>username</key>
    <string>wapuser1</string>
    </dict>
    </array>

(The above settings are for Rogers Wireless -- obviously if you're on another carrier you will need to enter the APN settings appropriate for your carrier).

Than uploaded back to the same place and override the original but first make a backup just in case than reboot your iPhone

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreTelephony.framework/Support/

22. The Following User Says Thank You to fernandorinto For This Useful Post:

dgdimick (2007-12-06)

damn this is crazy....im at work on the phone with tmobile, and they actually have setting they send you from tmobile for the edge internet so it works.
    *the only replacement for displacement is boost!*

*if its not boosted its not worth having*

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast