Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: tmobile helping iPhone hackers

Quote Originally Posted by jayc7176 View Post
    I Work for t-mobile Advance tech - care.. currently it is against t-mobile policy to provide any support for an iphone if a rep does that ..such as even helping or trying to set up the internet doesn't matter which internet package, he/she is risking his/her job.... there is no directions or help avilable for that matter on how to even start ! lol ! iphone is not like your typical Nokia or other brands where there is a settings menu dedicated to WAp config........

By the way . that is called "DOTAC" that update device's internet , MMS , and other WAp setting.. and this wont be avilable anytime soon .

Sim updates do not do anything to your device ! or improve the performance of ur device in any way or shape ...they are dedicated to something completely different

Yea god forbid T-MOBILE actually puts out a QUALITY phone like the iphone....

This iphone I have is the best phone I have used w/ t-mobile and I have been w/ them for 6+ years now,hell I was w/ voicestream thats a long time ago.

Why is everyone w/ unlocked iphones updating them ?

My edge works great on my 1.0.2 iphone but IO have the full data package and not trying to be cheap w/ t-zones BS...

Thanks

Default T-mobile helped me!
    Hey guys, this is my experience... I called t-mobile, cuz my iphone is unlocked, and I wasn't sure about the whole edge internet thing. I spoke with a super cool rep, that says they ARE supporting the iphone, of course only if you still have their service, which, of course I do. Anyways, she said that t-zones is not what I needed, she said I needed the total internet package, 19.99 a month, then I can use internet anywhere, unlimited for anything, youtube, etc... she got me all set up on inputting my APN number for the edge and all. Love it! It works fast here in Corpus Christi,tx. I told her, that I had been pretty nervous about asking them for help, and she laughed and said not to worry, because, they now have techs who are there just for all their customers who are using unlocked iphone but, kept t-mobile, so that I could call anytime, that I needed tech support, which I have already called like 3 more times on other simple issues, that I needed help on! When you call the t-mobile customer number, once the prompts start, she said for me to say blackberry, to avoid being transferred all over. When you say Blackberry, it sends you straight to the iphone techs! Pretty cool, and I am soo happy being able to stay with t-mobile, now if only I knew more about using my unlocked iphone??
    Stay Sexy, Sweet, and Wonderful!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ucim2cute For This Useful Post:

freefallpilot (2007-11-23)

I must confirm I talked to one when I first set up the total internet addon, when I told the guy I had an unlocked iphone, he replied "lemme put what I have on the iphone" and was then able to help me out somehow (little hesitation). So yeah T-Mobile must have a iphone info network file for its colleagues to work with if an iphone user calls them.

I say congrats to T-Mobile, cmon guys our country is a nation of freedom and not of apple monopolistic view of the world. I'm glad France was the only country out of the US, UK and Germany to force Apple to deliver legally unlocked iphones! Mad props for France!!

Quote Originally Posted by musclepup View Post
    I have an unlocked Iphone that I bought from U.S and i'm living in Europe I called T mobile and they said that in the Netherlands there is no EDGE network only UMTS or GPRS does anyone know if there are settings to use these if there is no EDGE network avaliable? so far on this site there has been some great info and I have at present e-mail from outlook sync'ing (via home wi-fi net work) you tube fully working on an unlocked phone using V1.1.1. I also have the email being delivered to the phone when i'm on my home network. So i'm quite happy with the progress so far but getting the internet to work with my t-mobile contract would be perfect.
    bro,
    i have cousins in france, edge is just an american term and it just means 2.5G (GPRS) and they definitly have it in Europe since they're already in 3.5G. Only the US are stuck with 2.5G speed. My cousins are using their iphone perfectly fine on the French networks. call them again ask for the server, host or apn, use similar words to get to the point.
    Last edited by abdelkweli1; 2007-11-21 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Ive had T-mobile for close to 15 yrs, ever since they were voicestream. I still have the original package I signed up with way back then. Free 3 day weekends (Fri,Sat,Sun). They do have good coverage in my area but they are all about ringtones and games. No applications for 12-15 yrs! No Pilotmycast, no GPS apps. Nuttin! Pretty ghetto if you ask me. I am expecting the fedex man to bring me my unlocked iphone in the am. I have one question. Can I use my iphone as a bluetooth modem as I do with my Razor now to connect with my laptop? I use a USB bluetooth dongle adapter and the speeds are as slow as dial-up most times. Is there a better modem string or something I can do to speed up the modem? Thanks for your help. Nooby...Pilot.

do you think tmobile will be able to help me set up tmobile prepaid to work on the internet and all that? any1 tried cause im using this temporaily about to switch to plan but i have a work phone so not worth having 2 plan phones....any1 help please

Dude voicestream was Aerial way back then I know cause I had em and still do

FreeFallPilot,

There was a write up over on http://www.tuaw.com a few days ago on how to use your iPhone to allow access to the Internet.

HtH,

Denis

iPhone? More like MyPhone rkisling's Avatar
    Thanks

Not too surprised by the response from T-Mobile; I was a long time T-Mobile customer; my contract was up, so I made the change to AT&T. Talk about night and day with customer service -- Its almost like AT&T is annoyed if you call them (not to mention the errors and mis-information I have received from AT&T) ...I miss T-Mobile support ... its awesome. I think about going back; but having to unlock with each update is a little concerning...jailbreak is enough fun for me.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ucim2cute View Post
    Hey guys, this is my experience... I called t-mobile, cuz my iphone is unlocked, and I wasn't sure about the whole edge internet thing. I spoke with a super cool rep, that says they ARE supporting the iphone, of course only if you still have their service, which, of course I do. Anyways, she said that t-zones is not what I needed, she said I needed the total internet package, 19.99 a month, then I can use internet anywhere, unlimited for anything, youtube, etc... she got me all set up on inputting my APN number for the edge and all. Love it! It works fast here in Corpus Christi,tx. I told her, that I had been pretty nervous about asking them for help, and she laughed and said not to worry, because, they now have techs who are there just for all their customers who are using unlocked iphone but, kept t-mobile, so that I could call anytime, that I needed tech support, which I have already called like 3 more times on other simple issues, that I needed help on! When you call the t-mobile customer number, once the prompts start, she said for me to say blackberry, to avoid being transferred all over. When you say Blackberry, it sends you straight to the iphone techs! Pretty cool, and I am soo happy being able to stay with t-mobile, now if only I knew more about using my unlocked iphone??
    lol .. theres nuthing like iphone tech ..they r all pda she was jus beeing nice ......
    but jus wanted to share something with u .. u can do this and save u some money ..

http://modmyi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17463

same speet as 19.99 /edge

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12