Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Why doesnt my Tmobile work for me

Default Why doesnt my Tmobile work for me
    i just got my referbished iPhone in the mail. I unlocked it with ziphone 2.6. Everything works except the phone. I can't text, make, or receive calls unless the phone is on the dock. I've restored it to 1.1.4 through iTunes but it still won't work unless I'm docked. Anyone have any suggestions. Everything else works perfectly except the phone. What should I try next. I've tried different sim cards and only AT&T sims work off the dock.

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

what the...so u can make calls only when its docked?? Try restoring then unlock again.
    Don't forget the Thanks if I helped

I've restored and unlocked it about 6 times using ziphone and then iplus then independence. I've tried it all. Should I install something else in installer.app or just return it. What should I do to avoid a hassle if returning is the way to go.

Green Apple
    Thanks

restore to 1.1.4 with itunes.
    Use iPlus2.0b (all you have to do is extract to your desktop, open cmd prompt type (without the "s) "cd desktop/iPlus2.0" then "iplus -u") and let it take course.

BEFORE YOU DO ALL THIS MAKE SURE ITUNES AND ITUNES HELPER IS CLOSED (USE TASK MANAGER TO MAKE SURE THEY ARE OFF)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to c.nash For This Useful Post:

superallica (2008-03-24)

thanks a lot but its still doing the same thing after iplus. I don't even understand why it would work perfectly when docked but as soon as i take it off it fails.

check your power management file??

8. The Following User Says Thank You to brokentwice For This Useful Post:

superallica (2008-03-24)

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by brokentwice View Post
    check your power management file??
    This is possible.

Somehow it might be set to go into automatic airplane mode once the phone is undocked.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to c.nash For This Useful Post:

superallica (2008-03-24)

how do i check my power management file. I have full service off the dock so i dont think its in airplane mode.
    Last edited by superallica; 2008-03-23 at 03:07 AM.

after ziphone n i put my tmobile sim in and tmobile comes up do i need anything else b4 i can make calls

If you have an account with T-Mobile already, then no you are all set.