Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Refurbished iPhone

iPhone? More like MyPhone Farrizx's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Refurbished iPhone
    Will a refurbished iPhone work with the ZiPhone to unlock for T-Mobile?? I just bought a refurbished iPhone and im waiting for it to be shipped. But i jsut want to make sure that it will work even though its refurbished, cause of the BL it might not be 4.6, or would it be? plz help

Sure, it'll work. I just did the same. But a warning.
    My first try was a 1.1.2 OTB, and ZiPhone hosed it, so I ended up exchanging it.
    The second one was a 1.0.2 otb, and I put it in DFU mode, upgraded to 1.1.4,
    and then unlocked with iSoft 2.0b.

If you have an old sim card, you will get "the red dot bug": when you reconnect to the tmo network, you'll get a red dot next to the phone & voicemail icons, whether you have a new voicemail or not.

Getting a new 64k sim ( sku number ends in 20, rather than 10...) fixes this.

I bought mine as a refurb from apple too. I activated it with at&t then come to find out they dont have service where i work, so i unlocked it using ziphone and am switching to t-mobile. I would put the iphone in the DFU mode and restore it with the current 1.1.4 just to be safe because out of the box im not sure what version it will have on it. I believe mine had 1.1.3 and i got it the beginning of the month. I also took my coworkers sim card who has t-mobile and put it in my iphone to make sure it worked, i made a couple of calls but never tried to send a text or use the internet.
    Last edited by raaron12; 2008-03-22 at 05:17 AM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

use iPlus...

It's a lot nicer and not much harder, instead of just clicking you just have to type one thing (well technically 2 after you open cmd prompt)...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to c.nash For This Useful Post:

raaron12 (2008-03-25)

Thanks

is there iPlus for Mac??

Green Apple
    Thanks

I believe it's the same program..
    You use the cmd prompt...

ipluspwns.com and click guides.

Thanks

So using iPlus will unlock and jailbreak the iPhone? Even if its 3.9 or 4.6 BL? and How exactly do i use the T-Zones Hack? And Whats the very first thing i should do when i Open the iPhone, will it be in DFU mode, and i just restore, or will it be in the iTunes Activate mode??
    Last edited by Farrizx; 2008-03-22 at 08:58 PM.

Green Apple
    Thanks

It will jailbreak it and unlock regardless.

Not sure about the T-Zones hack because I have the Unlimited Internet package.

Save and exctract iPlus to your desktop.
    Open the iPhone. Connect it to your computer. Close iTunes and close iTunes helper (through task manager or mac equivalent) and then open cmd prompt (or mac equivalent) type in prompt cd desktop/iPlus2.0 (press enter) then type iplus -u (press enter). This will jailbreak, unlock and activate. Once that is done it will open itunes and you your iPhone will be working. You can then check the firmware version, if you don't have 1.1.4 then upgrade through itunes and then repeat the iPlus process.

Hope this helps.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to c.nash For This Useful Post:

Farrizx (2008-03-23)

Thanks

Thanks for all your help,Do you know if visual Voicemail works?

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have heard it doesn't...

But I haven't tested it.. haven't gotten a voicemail..

I do always have a voicemail notification when I turn on the phone (from it being OFF) but I have no voicemails.. once I visit voicemail it will disappear until I restart the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by c.nash View Post
    I have heard it doesn't...

But I haven't tested it.. haven't gotten a voicemail..

I do always have a voicemail notification when I turn on the phone (from it being OFF) but I have no voicemails.. once I visit voicemail it will disappear until I restart the phone.
    I have the same issue. Is there a fix for this?

Thanks

so, how do you check your voicemail? Like call 1 and check or what? And can some one link me to a guide for T-Zones to work with YouTube, And safari and all the Stuff? Thanks

Green Apple
    Thanks

You click "voicemail" and it calls your voicemail... =P

Search the T-Mobile section for the T-Zones. I don't know anything about that since I have the Unlimited Internet Package.

I don't see why ZiPhone wouldn't work. An Iphone is an Iphone; unless it's not an Iphone.
    Thank you,
    David Branco

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

virtual voicemail will not work with Tmobile. There will be a red dot to notify you when you do have a voicemail. For those that are having the red dot voicemail bug, i've read that it's a result of an old Tmobile sim card, so you should go to a store and get a new one (64k sim) and that should fix it.

Thanks

how can you tell how old the sim card is?

When Unlocking with iPlus, When do i put the SIM card in?
    Last edited by Farrizx; 2008-03-25 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

you can leave the sim card in the entire time. no need to remove.

there's been a few threads that talked about how to tell if your sim is old. do a search as i don't remember, or you can always call tmobile and ask

c.nash what makes iplus nicer than ziphone?

Green Apple
    Thanks

everything.

Although ZiPhone has a nice GUI iPlus just works a lot better.
    No problems with fixes or anything, youtube and mail works just fine and it doesn't permanently downgrade your bootloader.

(this is compared between my T-Mobile iPhone jailbroken and unlocked with iPlus and my brother's AT&T iPhone jailbroken with ZiPhone.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to c.nash For This Useful Post:

raaron12 (2008-03-25)

So iplus doesnt downgrade the bootloader. Nash you wouldnt happen to know the difference between the bootloaders, or the benefit of not downgrading the bootloader? I personally found ziphone super easy to use, and for those who have no idea what they are doing ziphone might be a better route. My boss wants me to unlock his phone and i dont want to downgrade his bootloader so im gonna try iplus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast