Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-mobile @home possibly work on Iphone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Just to let you guys know, don't feel bad if you can't get it working, I had it for 6 months with my blackberry curve and it was horrible on 2 separate routers. I mean, don't get me wrong, you can still hold a conversation, but it dropped a lot, etc.. I'm a fan of it and think it will get better, but right now - not so good.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

The only reason it would drop calls if:

A - Slow Internet
    B - QOS for voice is not setup on the router

i just set it up on my router and it works great, But if you dont have QOS setup or have a slow connection it sucks. Its been working great for me with my wifes Curve

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Pcpro745 View Post
    The only reason it would drop calls if:

A - Slow Internet
    B - QOS for voice is not setup on the router

i just set it up on my router and it works great, But if you dont have QOS setup or have a slow connection it sucks. Its been working great for me with my wifes Curve
    Well I have T2 cable so speed is definitely not a problem, I had the t-mobile router - D-link. Then I got the t-mobile at home service for my home phone so they gave me a new router. YEah, they both suck in different ways. You must be one of the lucky ones.

The first router did this weird thing where when I called someone it took about 30 seconds for the other person to hear me. I could hear them and I would hear a bunch of digitizing in their voice. After 30 seconds the conversation would be ok. Problem is, if you call someone that doesn't know "my problem" then they would hang up on me. I told all of my friends but sometimes they would forget and hang up on me too. The second router (the one I currently have) just sounds scratchy and will drop me sometimes. I called t-mobile and they said the technology is new, so just stick with it. (after trying to fix it). Since I'm going iphone, I just dropped the service 2 days ago, otherwise i would have stuck with it until they fixed it all. It's definitely a nice thing, I'm not complaining, I'm just saying I'm not gonna be upset that I don't have it!

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Im not using T-mobile hacked crap routers, Linksys WRT54G with DD-WRT, I would get rid of there crap and get you a real router and throw DD-WRT on it, I have never had a problem and with DD-WRT you can set custom QOS fir Video, Voice and tons of options

But if you have the @home service then your stuck with the new linksys, Which sucks also, i wish they woulda used one of the WRT models they have more space and ram

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12