Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i need serious help!!

Default i need serious help!!
    i have an unlocked iphone that was working on tmobiles network. i think i locked the phone again because it says "repair needed cannot make or recieve calls" and when i try to recover itunes wont recognize my iphone. It also says that my sim PIN is locked. Is there anyway i can fix this. If so can u help me!

Your phone did not "relock".....its possible toast for some reason.

The only thing you can try, is using Ziphone to put the phone into "DFU" mode. That is, if Ziphone will recognize the phone. After that, restore in Itunes.

You can also try putting the phone into "recovery" mode and syncing with Itunes.

If none of that will work, you most likely have a hardware issue and the phone would have to be replaced by Apple. Which they wont do cause its unlocked.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

iphoneuser818 (2008-03-21)

ok i just got it to recover and now itunes gave a message saying that the sim card is not supported by iphone...and thats because i have a tmobile sim card in it...how do i unlock the sim and then unlock the phone again...

Depending on what firmware version your using, you could use Ziphone to also jailbreak, unlock and activate the phone.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

how do i figure that out (the firmware) i would assume its the latest one it has the usb connector pointing to the itunes logo...im new to this and i barely had my phone a couple of days so bare with me..and do i have to download ziphone..please help me as easiest as u can so i can get this thing up and running again thanks!!

You should still be able to "restore" in Itunes, just not activate.

Just download Ziphone (google it) and install on your computer. After you get the phone restored you should just be able to plug it in and there is a utility in Ziphone called "Do it all". Click that and it will jailbreak, activate and unlock the phone in a couple minutes.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

ok im gonna try that thanks...dont leave so fast in case i have questions lol..oh yeah does it unlock my tmobile sim card as well

Its not gonna "unlock" your simcard, it will "unlock" your Iphone so you can use your Tmobile simcard.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

oh ok..so i tried to download the ziphone and it said that i need to install a .NET Framework V2.0.50727 where do i find this

google .net framework, it is written by microsoft, its a free utility you need to install on your computer.

Its a class library of files.
    Last edited by cpjr; 2008-03-21 at 02:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

15. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

gosh ur so smart..thanks im gonna try that then

OMG CPJR you just made my day!! thanks it worked wonders!!
    Now one more thing how do i get edge to work? and does that custom ringtone app work?

it worked wonders thank you
    now how do i get edge to work?
    Last edited by iphoneuser818; 2008-03-21 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Edge WONT work if your running Tmobile. However search the forum there is a way to get Tzones working on the iphone. I use ATT so im not sure on that one.

The easiest way to do ringtones is download an app called "Iringer" for WinPC, It will allow you to take a song (like an mp3) and cut what you want to use and then it AUTOMATICALLY throws it in Itunes under your "ringtones" section so all you have to do is sync your phone.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to cpjr For This Useful Post:

ok ill check that out.

i love it thanks....for all ur help!!

oh yeah one more thing..i can't install any packages it says dowloading package failed..is there something that i have to configure to get this working
    Last edited by iphoneuser818; 2008-03-21 at 03:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

If your talking about installer, you need to be running on WIFI or have some type of data connection to download the apps......have you got that working? Check the Tmobile section to make sure there isnt some settings trick to that either.

yeah im talking installer and my wifi is on , the setting is switched to on, just says package download failed, ill figure it sooner or later

got it working thanks!! seems like im getting the hang of this stuff!! now one more thing to conquer and thats edge!! hmmmmm doesnt seem so easy

got it working thanks!! seems like im getting the hang of this stuff!! now one more thing to conquer and thats edge!! hmmmmm doesnt seem so easy

Got the edge working...im complete good night all!!
    Last edited by iphoneuser818; 2008-03-21 at 05:17 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Livin the iPhone Life desepticon's Avatar
    Thanks

one more satisfied MMI customer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    My brother was eaten by wolves on the NJ Turnpike.