Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Push notifications not working on iPhone (3.1.3)

Unhappy Push notifications not working on iPhone (3.1.3)
    Help me! Push notifications aren't working on my iPhone 3G (baseband 05.13.04) JB'd w/ redsn0w 0.9.4, unlocked with Ultrasn0w. I do not have data with my plan and I depend on my WiFi for internet. I have T-mobile. I have to manually re-spring Facebook and my TextPlus app to see new notifications/texts ):< This is really bugging me.
    I want keep push active on my phone? I tried to install Push Doctor in Cydia but I got error messages while It was installing. Any suggestions?

Push Doctor : Free Push Fix for hacktivated iPhone&rsquo;s | jailbreak

Jailbreak and unlock the iPhone - Making push notifications work on hacktivated iPhones

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by katastrophic; 2011-08-29 at 11:44 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

katastrophic (2011-08-29)

No, I have not tried it yet but I have read about it. I am not sure what It really is?
    I downloaded Push Checker and It says 'Your Notifications Are Not Working' ):
    I heard about this app called Insomnia in Cydia but It drains battery usage.

Edit. One thing I think I forgot to try. I am re-installing the apps that have push notifications right now.
    Last edited by katastrophic; 2011-08-29 at 11:17 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

Try SAM to fix them. A quick google should bring up a tutorial for you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Try SAM to fix them. A quick google should bring up a tutorial for you.
    I just read a few articles and I am really confused because it says 'If you are interested in using SAM, you will need to ensure that you own an iPhone 3G/3GS that is running the iOS4.1/4.2.1 firmware with the special iPad baseband 06.15.00!' I don't meet those requirements.

How to Unlock your iPhone 3G/3GS with SAM! [Fixes Push Notifications and Battery Drain Issues] | iJailbreak.com - Jailbreak | Apple | Android | Google | PlayStation | Cydia | Unlock | iOS

Fix Battery Drain iPhone 3GS, 3G After Unlocking Ultrasn0w 1.2

Thanks

You dont need ipad baseband for SAM to work for you. SAM was just created because of the great number of people with those issues. The underlying problem there was push notifications being broken. So it should work for you too regardless if you are on 4.X with ipad baseband.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

It also says Note: Before starting this tutorial, your iPhone must NOT be unlocked prior to installing SAM. So I am scared to try this method. I am not really sure though.
    The article is from December 2010 though maybe it just hasn't been updated.
    Do I have to JB my iphone again? Or is this only unlocking.
    Last edited by katastrophic; 2011-08-29 at 11:52 PM.

Thanks

AFAIK it doesnt matter if you are unlocked (I assume you are unlocked with ultrasnow right). WHat this does is fix your hactivation and give you a valid activation so that your push notifications will work.

I suggest doing a backup in itunes before trying anything though just in case.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

katastrophic (2011-08-30)

AFAIK it doesnt matter if you are unlocked (I assume you are unlocked with ultrasnow right). WHat this does is fix your hactivation and give you a valid activation so that your push notifications will work.

I suggest doing a backup in itunes before trying anything though just in case.
    Ooh okay, yes i used Ultrasn0w. I see. I looked up on Youtube. Are these the procedures I should do? HOW TO: FIX BATTERY ISSUES, ACTIVATE AND GET PUSH NOTIFICATIONS ON HACKTIVATED PHONES! - YouTube

http://www.dkszone.net/activate-ipho...edsn0w-0-9-6b6
    Last edited by katastrophic; 2011-08-30 at 12:26 AM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

I just followed all of the instructions and I see
    ActivationState: WildcardActivated
    SAMState: LoadedOK
    But when I use Push Checker It says that my notifications aren't working. I am going to send myself a message on Facebook or IM on AIM to check.

Thanks

wildcard is good, you may need to reboot or reinstall your push apps.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

wildcard is good, you may need to reboot or reinstall your push apps.
    I tried that and I still don't get any PN's I think the problem is that I have Push Doctor installed? I read in here Push Notifications Not Working on iOS 4.3.3 After Using SAM [How-To Fix] | Jaxov that It says I should remove it and then try installing SAM again. I think I should restore, re-jailbreak, unlock, install SAM 'cause I am also getting errors in Cydia.
    Last edited by katastrophic; 2011-08-30 at 02:16 AM.

Thanks

Ya, it may be good to start out fresh and just use SAM this time. Make sure you restore to 3.1.3 and not update to 4.2.1.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Ya, it may be good to start out fresh and just use SAM this time. Make sure you restore to 3.1.3 and not update to 4.2.1.
    PN's not working after restoring and JB!! ):< I guess I will have to restore and rejailbreak again and activate with an AT&T SIM..
    Last edited by katastrophic; 2011-09-03 at 02:55 AM.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

Best move would be to activate with a AT&T sim.
    Okay would the ATT SIM from eBay work? Because I bought one off there and I just got it in the mail.
    I restored , inserted att sim, jb'd, and PNs are not working. IS this how I am supposed to do it? Thankss.

Thanks

Restore again. Put the AT&T sim in and connect to iTunes. Once you get past the emergency call screen then jailbreak. You have to make sure you activate (get past emergency all screen) before you jailbreak.

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

katastrophic (2011-09-03)

Restore again. Put the AT&T sim in and connect to iTunes. Once you get past the emergency call screen then jailbreak. You have to make sure you activate (get past emergency all screen) before you jailbreak.
    That's what I exactly did. It says No Service when I put the ATT sim in... So I will need an activated SIM? D:

Thanks

No. Your push notifications should be working if you did that. What are you testing them with?

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

katastrophic (2011-09-03)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast