Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Does web2go work with microsim in iphone4?

Default Does web2go work with microsim in iphone4?
    I had a 3GS and web2go was working perfectly. I bought an unlocked iphone and tried to cut my sim and damaged it in the process. So I went to the tmobile store and bought a microsim. Now phone works but data doesn't.
    Do microsims work with web2go at all? Or, should I go back to a regular sim and cut it?
    Please help!

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I would think it would work. You set up your APN and made sure T-Mobile checked your account that web2go is all set and active?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

+1 web2go has nothing to do with the SIM. If the APN is set correctly, then your data may not be set up correctly, or it was changed recently. T-Mo service loves iPhone users and provides good support.

is there a chance that they think i am using a microsim and so iphone and so not making internet2.voicestream.com work for me?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

What is more likely, few phones use microsims today. Those that do are usually set-up for more expensive data plans

Just like regular SIMS, microSIMs have embedded serial, IMEI, etc numbers, they know you have one

you guys are superfast! thanks for the replies!!! is the apn still internet2.voicestream.com for iphone4 also?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

+1. should check with t-mobile. Hopefully they aren't planning to set you up with the more expensive data plan that is accompanied for smartphones. Like Mes said, microSIMs are generally used for newer devices which are likely smartphones and t-mo probably knows that and don't want you to have this cheaper plan.

But perhaps we are wrong check your APN, if that checks out ok but data still doesn't work, it's time to call t-mo.

Quote Originally Posted by rajunks View Post
    you guys are superfast! thanks for the replies!!! is the apn still internet2.voicestream.com for iphone4 also?
    Yes that is the only apn that will work for the web2go plan

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

All iPhones are the same. internet2.voicestream.com works for my unlimited data plan. I've forgotten the others. A quick MMi search for T-Mobile APN should help.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Quick reminder for you Mes, epc.tmobile.com and wap.voicestream.com are also t-mo APNs but yeah for web2go internet2 is the only one that will work for data.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

i.Annie..... web2go and unlimited use the same internet2.voicestream.com APN? Interesting ...

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Haha. You're too fast

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Smartphone unlimited data can also work with epc.tmobile.com but internet2 is the only option for web2go otherwise users will get a page in safari that requires them to upgrade the plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Haha. You're too fast
    I was on t-mo for 2 years lol, kept this info on the top of my head

you guys seem to be seniors here - have u seen folks using microsim with web2go?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

You are a first at least that I have seen. Since web2go is discontinued I don't see that. That or people just haven't moved to the iPhone 4 yet

i discovered something. data works if i change 'data roaming' to 'on' - it used to work even with 'off'. is it ok to turn it on? is that the standard stetting?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Oh fantastic! I forgot about that tidbit, haven't been on t-mo for a long time lol. Yeah it is supposed to be on for your data to work.

Edit: yeah some people find that it worked either off or on, I personally had mine work with it either on off or on but some people it only works on "on"

It's ok to be "on" though it won't affect your bill or anything.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

@rajunks. Mine works in both positions but I also pay more

thanks guys! u r awesome! yeah, what confuses me is - till this morning my 3gs was working with roaming 'off'. now ip4 works only with 'on'. i just chatted with tmo CSR and they recommend 'on' as well.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks

Well I'm glad it worked out for you without you having to upgrade your data plan