Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: White screen on 3g iphone

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default update
    My iphone has a white screen and will not come out of that mode when I press the top right button(power button) or by pressing the power button and home button together. When I hook it up to my computer itune found it and said it was in recovery mode. Itunes wants to restore it to factory setting and update it to the latest version of the iphone software. Itunes said all of my media and other data will be erased.
    It also said it will verify the restore with apple. After this process is complete, I will have the option to restore my contacts, calendars, test message and other settings. I have the 4.0 version
    What should I do?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Austin

itune now just sync everything when I re-hooked it up to my imac, but the screen turn black. When i press the home button , the white screen reappears. it will return to black when I put the iphone down on my desktop. Any suggestion?
    Last edited by has55; 2011-07-29 at 09:55 PM.

Normally there are 2 reasons for your white screen:

1. The LCD connector is not seated properly. FIX: open phone and re-seat the LCD connector.

2. LCD is bad. FIX: replace LCD

Default White screen on 3g iphone
    I own an iphone 3G in white. On my screen on the right side the screens goes in a little bit. Should i get it repaired or should i go to an apple store for a replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by Nizhacute View Post
    I own an iphone 3G in white. On my screen on the right side the screens goes in a little bit. Should i get it repaired or should i go to an apple store for a replacement?
    If you have your warranty and you don't have BB 06.15.00, then go ahead with apple. But if you have the iPad Baseband, and your warranty is expired, you can get it replaced by a third-party or do it yourself.