Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Mexico

Default T-Mobile Mexico
    I am going on a cruise to Mexico next week. I'm wondering will I have service out there? If so how much is roaming? Anyway to avoid roaming charges?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The link provided shows you the roaming charges. All you have to do is select your country of travel.

http://www.t-mobile.com/internationa..._RoamWorldwide.

Doubt there is any way to avoid roaming charges other then turning off your device. You got to pay to play
    Last edited by ihappy; 2011-07-29 at 11:25 PM.

Livin the iPhone Life sziklassy's Avatar
    Thanks

Buy a prepaid sim in Mexico. I assume your phone is unlocked since you are already on TMO.
    Last edited by sziklassy; 2011-07-30 at 08:40 PM.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I once prayed to God for an iPhone, but quickly found out He didn't work that way...so I stole an iPhone and prayed for His forgiveness.

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than you love yourself. - Josh Billings

Only thing is I'm going on a cruise! I'll be in Mexico for a day, belize the next, etc.. I trying to find the best and least expensive way to talk and text! Thanks guys
    If I helped thank me!

Quote Originally Posted by dvn821 View Post
    Only thing is I'm going on a cruise! I'll be in Mexico for a day, belize the next, etc.. I trying to find the best and least expensive way to talk and text! Thanks guys
    There isn't one unfortunately and be careful because if you use your iPhone on the cruise, your looking at between 4.99 and 6.99 per minute charges from the cruise company. Also, txt messages are free to receive; but sending is .35 / message. As far as data goes, your looking at $15 per MB of data usage on the account.

Long story short; turn your phone off completely, or turn it on Airplane mode. Because you have an iPhone there is no way to disable the data roaming using # codes that I am aware of, and your account won't stop the charges until you get between $1,000 and $2,000 in charges.

I have handled this call before, take my advice, turn your phone off. We cannot credit these charges.

Have a good vacation! :-)