Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 - T zones or Data plan hack options?

Default iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 - T zones or Data plan hack options?
    Hey, I was just looking over the TZones $5.99 Hack but it seems to be only for the 1.1.3 + iOS' .. I was wondering if there is a TZones hack or a way to get the data plan cheap but from a reputable source for the iOS 4.3.3 ?

Thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Go talk to T-Mobile and tell them you want the $10 data plan. I'm not sure what the cap on it is but its the cheapest one that I know they are offering.

Would I still be able to apply the $5.99 hack on the T-mobile $10 data plan?
    Thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SK4DJ View Post
    Thanks.
    No. If you get the $10 plan then all you have to do is type in the correct apn settings through the cellular data network.

Default Let me know if you get the $10 Data Plan to Work...
    I've been trying to sort through the information, but I am thinking that the add-on data plan may not work anymore. I have read that T-mobile is cracking down on iPhone usage and you have to have a "smartphone" contract to use it or you get blocked.

I just bought the $10 200MB Data Plan yesterday, added to my monthly flex plan account. I haven't been able to get Edge to work on my unlocked iPhone.

I'e used epc.tmobile.com, internet2.voicestream.com and wap.voicestream.com .

Using wap.voicestream.com redirects me to a message saying I need to upgrade my service. The other APNs just dont work at all for me.

Let me know what you find out. Thanks.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by onemore2010 View Post
    I've been trying to sort through the information, but I am thinking that the add-on data plan may not work anymore. I have read that T-mobile is cracking down on iPhone usage and you have to have a "smartphone" contract to use it or you get blocked.

I just bought the $10 200MB Data Plan yesterday, added to my monthly flex plan account. I haven't been able to get Edge to work on my unlocked iPhone.

Using wap.voicestream.com redirects me to a message saying I need to upgrade my service. The other APNs just dont work at all for me.

Strange. That might be possible but I'm not sure.

My gf has T-Mobile and she is using the Internet2 apn for her internet and it works just fine. She also is using the Epc.tmobile apn for her MMS and that is working flawless as well.

The information out there can be frustrating to gather as some is dated and some is just wrong.

I noticed some tuts on the tmobile forum that seem official for putting their service on the iPhone. However, I am still not sure if Tmobile "frowns upon" using the iPhone on Tmobile...

Do you think if I call Tmobile and be straight-up with them and say I have your flex plan, I just bought your $10 Data plan, how can I get it to work...they will be o.k. with that?

I think it is a little tricky of them to sell me that $10 Data plan if it doesn't work with "smartphones". I think that is what most people would want to use it for.

I actually tried not using the APNs at all. MMS worked just fine without any configuring. It's just my Edge I am having issues with.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

The information out there can be frustrating to gather as some is dated and some is just wrong.

I noticed some tuts on the tmobile forum that seem official for putting their service on the iPhone. However, I am still not sure if Tmobile "frowns upon" using the iPhone on Tmobile...

Do you think if I call Tmobile and be straight-up with them and say I have your flex plan, I just bought your $10 Data plan, how can I get it to work...they will be o.k. with that?

I think it is a little tricky of them to sell me that $10 Data plan if it doesn't work with "smartphones". I think that is what most people would want to use it for.

I actually tried not using the APNs at all. MMS worked just fine without any configuring. It's just my Edge I am having issues with.
    I'm sure TMobile wouldn't really care but they may try to stick you with a more upgraded data plan even though you can only use Edge. Never hurts to try though.

They actually like iPhone users. They just recently started using micro sims for people who are using iphone 4s. But i would try all the apn profiles first since TMobile has so many different ones to see which one works for you. If nothing then you'll probably have to contact them and find out what's going on. If you have a tmobile dumbphone then I would try on there and see if the data is working properly as well.

Hey, I was just looking over the TZones $5.99 Hack but it seems to be only for the 1.1.3 + iOS' .. I was wondering if there is a TZones hack or a way to get the data plan cheap but from a reputable source for the iOS 4.3.3 ?

Thanks.
    I have a $5 /month unlimited data plan for a 5 year old samsung phone that had t-zones (i.e. when t-mobile had t-zones - when I go on the internet on that phone, it says "t-zones" still). I use that plan on my iphone 4 on ios 4.3.3. It works fine. The issue is getting t-mobile to sell you an older data plan, if you don't already have one because last I checked all they offer now is the $10 /month 200mb plan or the $30 /month unlimited plan.

Thanks.
    You don't have to use a "hack" anymore. The proxy was needed way back in the day. Now all you have to do is enter the correct APN under cellular data network settings. Also, if you get the latest $10 /month 200mb plan, you can just call t-mobile for help. They have full blown customer service reps for the iphone, and the $10 /month 200mb plan is a legit plan that you're allowed to use on an iphone (unlike the t-zones plan, which t-mobile allows you to use, but you're not supposed to be, and if you call them with an iphone asking about how to get that plan to work on your iphone, they will try to upsell you).

The add-on plan does still work. See above. If you just bought your data plan recently, try to give it some time and then try all of the APNs again. It can take a day before data starts working (even if it works on an older phone right away). All the t-mobile APNs are here: http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/T-Mobile_APNs . One of those should work (that's literally all the APNs that t-mobile uses).

You need to make sure they added the $10 for 200 MB data plan that does not say "Feature Phone" in the billing system, you need the one that says "200 MB 4G UNL" because the feature phone data package only works with non smartphone devices. This is the problem you seem to be describing.

I would attempt to contact T-Mobile and see if you qualify for a postpaid plan because A) Flexpay plans are going away and B) the new Postpaid Value Plan is cheaper, 54.98 + tax for UNL TLK, TXT, and 200MB of web. Keep in mind the 200MB of web package will work fine for you because it is throttled at Edge speeds after 200 MB, which is all you can get on T-Mobile.

Also, T-Mobile does not frown upon iPhone usage, there are millions of customers who do it and there is specific support documentation available to representative's when you call in with iPhone problems and issues.

Hope this helps.

Strange. That might be possible but I'm not sure.

My gf has T-Mobile and she is using the Internet2 apn for her internet and it works just fine. She also is using the Epc.tmobile apn for her MMS and that is working flawless as well.
    No sig spam, please read forum rules