Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3g 4.2.1 unlocking problems

Default iphone 3g 4.2.1 unlocking problems
    i unlocked and jailbroke my iphone 3g on 4.2.1 and I have tmobile but it will not connect to tmobile at all. Ive done this before and didnt have a problem so i dont know why it wont connect. any ideas?

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Did you install Ultrasn0w (via Cydia)?

yes i did. But i figured out the problem when i unlocked it i forgot to check something so it wouldnt unlock right

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by poptart21 View Post
    ... But i figured out the problem when i unlocked it i forgot to check something so it wouldnt unlock right
    Sorry, I don't understand. Is it working now?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Hey Pls let me know if u were able to resolve the problem. I have this exact problem after jailbreaking and unlocking my iPhone 3g 4.2.1 version 05.15.04. The service never seem to come up. And I've done this before too.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sulad82 View Post
    Hey Pls let me know if u were able to resolve the problem. I have this exact problem after jailbreaking and unlocking my iPhone 3g 4.2.1 version 05.15.04. The service never seem to come up. And I've done this before too.
    05.15.04 baseband can't be unlocked using Ultrasn0w at this time. You can update to the unlockable iPad baseband (losing GPS) via redsn0w or, if you have a *very* early model 3G, you could try using FuzzyBaseband to downgrade to an unlockable baseband.

Or you could try one of those SIM solutions like Gevey or Rebel SIM (which may or may not work and IMHO not worth the cost).
    Last edited by GenesisDH; 2011-07-26 at 04:12 AM.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave