Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Want to update my jailbroken phone, need help updating and re jailbreaking please!

Default Want to update my jailbroken phone, need help updating and re jailbreaking please!
    Hello, i was hoping i could get some help on updating my phone and re-jailbreaking it. I want to make sure i know how to do it or i will be out a phone.

I have a Iphone 3gs on a 4.0.1 Jailbreak. The Firmware is still 05.13.04. I wanted to update it to the new 4.3 and have it jailbroken. Im also relying on ultrasnow for it being unlocked on T-mobile. Is there even a unlock for the newest update?

I was hoping i could possibly be directed to something that will tell me how to do it step by step as im still relatively new in the jailbreaking world or just someone who has been through the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

You must preserve the modem firmware/baseband to retain your unlock capabilities. To do this, a custom firmware must be built and loaded. Use PwnageTool (Mac) or Sn0wbreeze (PC) to build, select activate (if no authorized SIM), then enter pwnd-DFU mode. From iTunes shift/option/select custom-built ipsw to load. Then use Ultrasn0w via Cydia for the unlock. 4.3.3 is the latest, is currently being signed by Apple and working well.

Check out iClarified.Com tutorials section or MMI for great tutorials. Use the above criteria to select the appropriate guide.

I have the exact same specs as you and followed this procedure

http://techzoom.org/ios-4-3-3-instal...th-sn0wbreeze/