Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Edge Data Plan not working!

Post Edge Data Plan not working!
    I been paying for their data package and it was working before until now about a month ago the edge network won't connect to the internet. I can't browse check mail or do any sort online? Do I need to contact customer service? Do I need to do anything with APN? Does this happen to anyone else or just me? Thanks for any help I can get to get my edge data package to work again.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Have you installed anything new? If yes, uninstall, reboot and try again.

If no and a T-Mobile USA customer, call technical support *611. They are more than willing to help.

Check the network settings tab. See if the APN is still there. Once in a while, I lose my APN network settings on reboot. All the possible t-mobile APNs are here: http://wiki.howardforums.com/index.php/T-Mobile_APNs

Thanks but how do I know which APN Service i'm supposed to use? I pay around $40 for data package if that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by sieutoc View Post
    Thanks but how do I know which APN Service i'm supposed to use? I pay around $40 for data package if that helps.
    It's probably the epc one, if it's a newer data plan. But just try them all one by one, until you get one to work. (You'll know it's working when you are able to use the internet on safari.)

btw- you're getting ripped off on that data package. The most expensive unlimited data package was $30 /month last I checked (the deal was $10 /month for 200mb and $30 /month for unlimited).

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sieutoc View Post
    Why not call T-Mobile tech support? (*611). It costs nothing, they support iPhones, and there could be something at their end that needs fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    Why not call T-Mobile tech support? (*611). It costs nothing, they support iPhones, and there could be something at their end that needs fixing.
    Ya, I guess if you actually pay for an iphone data plan, you might as well just do this. [Most of us are paying something like $5-10 /month for a data plan on some 5+ year old phone and using that on an iphone. We can't exactly call t-mobile and ask them for help when something isn't working properly, since we aren't supposed to be using that data plan with an iphone.] But I'd still try out the APN settings before you waste your time calling t-mobile (it's quick and simple, and you there's no wait times for an operator lol).