Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iphone 3gs on 4.3.3 BB 05.13.04--UNLOCK JB HELP

Default iphone 3gs on 4.3.3 BB 05.13.04--UNLOCK JB HELP
    my wife recently came back to the iphone world after getting ripped apart by android. anywho, she has the above listed iphone and i am having a terrible time jb and unlocking it. any help is much appreciated.

my 3gs is BB 5.13.04 and on 4.0. obviously, i would like to PRESERVE the BB, but i would like both phones to be on the highest possible FW that has the most benefits.

thanks in advance for your help!

Mike

are you on a mac or pc? look for sn0wbreeze or pwnage tool.

PC

i tried greenpoison, but it seems to be hungup..it won't reboot..still just showing lines of code

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I've just finished update my friend 3GS 4.0.1 to 4.3.3 with sn0wbreeze 2.7.3 and preserve BB 05.13.04, all process went smoothly.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 39stripes View Post
    my wife recently came back to the iphone world after getting ripped apart by android. anywho, she has the above listed iphone and i am having a terrible time jb and unlocking it. any help is much appreciated.

my 3gs is BB 5.13.04 and on 4.0. obviously, i would like to PRESERVE the BB, but i would like both phones to be on the highest possible FW that has the most benefits.

thanks in advance for your help!

Mike
    For your wife phone;

Download redsn0w 0.9.6rc16 and the official 4.3.3 ipsw (I'll link them at end of post). Once you have both of those (ipsw will be needed for your phone too), run redsnow follow the steps and only install cydia. Redsnow will ask you for your ipsw point it to the 4.3.3 you downloaded. Once it's done install ultrasn0w from cydia after updating everything in cydia first. Now her phones unlocked and done.

Now to your phone:

You are going to download sn0wbreeze (link at end) like mentioned above to preserve your baseband. It'll be pretty self explanatory (snowbreeze) you want baseband preservation mode. It'll ask for ipsw like redsnow, once that's done it'll help you get unto pwned dfu for the restore to the cfw you just made with snowbreeze. MAKE SURE when you shift+restore in iTunes to select the snowbreeze one on your desktop not the iphone2,1****.ipsw. If you restore to the iphone2.1****.ipsw you will lose your baseband and ability to unlock.

If your phone errors in iTunes with a 1600 error you are going to have to open redsn0w and select the pwned dfu option only and follow the instructions and shift+restore in iTunes again. Sometimes snowbreeze has issues with pwned dfu hence the 1600 error. Once restored to cfw open cydia update everything and install ultrasn0w. Now your phones unlocked and done.

If you have any ??? Or problems just ask I'll check back.

Now for the links.
    Redsn0w 0.9.6tc16
    https://sites.google.com/a/iphone-de...edirects=0&d=1
    4.3.3 stock firmware
    http://appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/04...2_Restore.ipsw
    Sn0wbreeze
    http://hotfile.com/dl/117635913/97ab...2.7.3.zip.html

ok i tried with greenpoison, snowbreeze 2.6.1 and 2.7.3, now her phone is stuck in dfu mode. tried redsnow 0.9.6tc16, with option JUST install cydia, it made me check the "newer" iphone box, started to jb and now is hung up on the following:

Mounting rootfs as read-only...
    ERROR!
    AppleBCMWLAN::handleIOKitBusyWatchdogTimeout(): Error, no successful firmware download after 60000 ms!! Giving up...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,764 Times in 2,652 Posts

What happened ? From my understanding, you ran greenpoison on top of your custom firmware restore and your iphone is now in DFU mode. Is that correct ?

i purchased a 3gs for my wife. 4.3.3 on BB of 5.13.04. I first tried greenpoison, which looked like it was going to work, but then got hung up on the reboot, then i was told to try snowbreeze with 4.3.2, so i tried that and ever since, i have been in a neverending dfu mode. i tried snowbreeze 2.7.3 as well. most recently, i have tried redsnow 0.9.6tc16 trying both the just install cydia, and enter pwned dfu option, each time i try and load cooked ispw, i get an error or it hangs on reboot. most recent error is 1600.

tried tiny umbrella and ireb..neither worked

and i cant get out of dfu to see what the bb and fw are currently
    Last edited by 39stripes; 2011-05-14 at 09:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Oh wow. Ok now you need to do what I said in my first post for your phone to hers now. Exactly as I wrote them if you don't you have the chance of losing that baseband and unlock.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to A3gOwner For This Useful Post:

39stripes (2011-05-14)

Thanks

What is your screen now ? Does itunes recognise your iphone and says it needs to restore

black, and yes

am i using snowbreeze 6 w/ 4.2.3?, or snowbreeze 7 w/4.3.3?

Thanks

2.7/4.3.3 the one I linked you to.
    Apple only signing 4.3.3 so let's keep it as simple as we can.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to A3gOwner For This Useful Post:

39stripes (2011-05-14)

Thanks

correct. Does itunes recognize your dfu mode and wants you to restore again.
    Have you done a hard reset: hold both buttons until it reboots and tell me what happens

it wont let me do a hard reset..trying snowbreeze again right now

Thanks

When you restore to cfw of 4.3.3 using cfw of 4.3.3 created by snowbreeze 2.7.3 and you end up in Snowflakes screen
    Run redsn0w RC16 again but just choose tethered boot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    correct. Does itunes recognize your dfu mode and wants you to restore again.
    Have you done a hard reset: hold both buttons until it reboots and tell me what happens
    He screwed up the file system by running greenpoison over 4.3.3 then restored to a firmware apple not signing so he threw the whole toolbox at it. It'll (power+home) just drop back into dfu since he restored to 4.3.2 with no blobs. Redsn0w errored because he was using rc16 on a 4.3.2 instead of rc14 which is for 4.3.2. He didn't mention the whole tried to restore to cfw 4.3.2 part otherwise my answer would have been different.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to A3gOwner For This Useful Post:

39stripes (2011-05-14)

before or after i load cooked ispw in itunes?

i don't know that it ever went back to 4.3.2. it is in DFU mode and i can't see anything. so before i make it worse, what should i do. i just finished running snowbreeze.7 and it says i am now in pwn dfu mode ready for itunes.
    Last edited by 39stripes; 2011-05-14 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iYeow View Post
    When you restore to cfw of 4.3.3 using cfw of 4.3.3 created by snowbreeze 2.7.3 and you end up in Snowflakes screen
    Run redsn0w RC16 again but just choose tethered boot.
    Why would he boot tethered? Just curious with your reason for doing the last step. And where you going with this?

23. The Following User Says Thank You to A3gOwner For This Useful Post:

39stripes (2011-05-14)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 39stripes View Post
    before or after i load cooked ispw in itunes?

i don't know that it ever went back to 4.3.2. it is in DFU mode and i can't see anything. so before i make it worse, what should i do. i just finished running snowbreeze.7 and it says i am now in pwn dfu mode ready for itunes.
    Shift+restore to cooked firmware from snowbreeze in iTunes.

Edit: Forget redsnow for now.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to A3gOwner For This Useful Post:

39stripes (2011-05-14)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast