Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: t-mobile prepaid need help

Default t-mobile prepaid need help
    Sorry if this has been posted before, and if it has please redirect me as I did not find it.

My friend currently is on a tmobile prepaid plan. Hes pays $25 or so for unl data and messaging.

Ive only jailbroken iphones, but never unlocked. I currently use ziphone and Thats what I planned on using for this.

Im wondering if his plan is going to be suitable for this, or does he need to add anything else.

Sorry for all the newb questions, but im not familiar with tmobile and
    using iphones on it.

Edit: Also, his phone i believe was 1.1.1 otb. Its an older 4gb model

Thanks in advance

As far as I know, you can't get data w/T-Mobile prepaid. They offer it for their "sidekick" phone, but not for others. I just checked with them for a 2nd time last night.

If you find out otherwise, please let me know!

That is correct, you cannot get unlimited data and messaging, except for Sidekicks. There is no way to get a Sidekick prepaid plan on an iPhone. Data (outside of T-Zones) is not available, and it is $.05 for a received text, and $0.10 for a sent one.

You will need a program such as ZiPhone. I personally went from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 manually using Nate true's jailbreak, and then AnySIM. Reliable, but there are easier methods now, such as ZiPhone. You will need to apply the T-Zones Proxy Hack in Installer; that shouldn't be a problem.
    If you like or found helpful anything I have said, please click that nice little Thanks button!