Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can only recieve pictures via text message from iPhones. Is there a fix?

Default Can only recieve pictures via text message from iPhones. Is there a fix?
    Hi,

I have an unlocked 3GS on 4.0.1. I have all the carrier settings (which I believe are correct) so data and picture messages work. I can send picture messages to any phone (for example, a G1 and an old razor type motorola). When any phone tries to send me a picture in a text message I recieve this message:
    The media conent was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction
    I have had two phones, a G1 and a razor type motorola phone, try to send me pictures multiple times. If it is from an iPhone, it will work correctly and I will recieve the picture. Is there something I am doing wrong? Is there a way to fix this?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Install one of the mms fixes from cydia. Leimobile has one, pushfix has one, and there's one on one of those unmentionable repos. You can find the URL's to add the cydia sources if you google either leimobile mms fix or pushfix. If that doesn't work follow SpookeyET's instructions regarding flashing a custom carrier bundle from the stickied thread he started.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaNatrix View Post
    Install one of the mms fixes from cydia. Leimobile has one, pushfix has one, and there's one on one of those unmentionable repos. You can find the URL's to add the cydia sources if you google either leimobile mms fix or pushfix. If that doesn't work follow SpookeyET's instructions regarding flashing a custom carrier bundle from the stickied thread he started.
    I tried Leimobile mms and it says repo is unreachable or can't be downloaded. I am however on 4.1. Is that a possibility as to why it can't be downloaded?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by devesstate View Post
    I tried Leimobile mms and it says repo is unreachable or can't be downloaded. I am however on 4.1. Is that a possibility as to why it can't be downloaded?
    4.1 has nothing to do with it. I'v updated and unlocked several 3g and 3gs phones since the new version of Pwnage Tool came out and had no issues with the patches...of course I use the patch from the sinful iphone repo. It seems the leimobile repo is down. Use the sinful one. After installing it input epc.tmobile.com as the mms apn, reboot, and it should work.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

yes add the following repo.

beta.leimobile.com/repo to cydia and download the Tmobile fix that shoudl do the trick
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button