Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: No Cellular Data Tab FIX (TAKE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN USING THESE INSTRUCTIONS)

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

Default No Cellular Data Tab FIX (TAKE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN USING THESE INSTRUCTIONS)
    No Cellular Data Tab FIX

(TAKE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN USING THESE INSTRUCTIONS)

i am not responsible for any damages cause by misuse of this app

can't post the repo here on Modmyi. but do a search on google.com and look for Supreme Preferences iPhone Repo,

You will need to go into Cydia and add the Repo into your sources.

Upon installing Supreme Preferences, you will get the option to add Cellular Data Editing, and it will show up.

After installing Supreme Preferences you need to goto Winterboard to Enable the use of it.

Use Extreme Caution when using this app, do not use it for anything else but enabling Cellular Data Editing, If you mess with any other settings you will most definitely Screw up your phone Big Time

here are some instruction and a few screen shots on how to use supreme preferences.

After Downloading and installing Supreme Preferences from Cydia

Open Winterboard

once opened press the Select Theme Tab

In the list you will see Supreme Preferences 3.0 Press it to enable it the Check Mark will show up telling you it is enabled.

Once enabled Press the Home Button, your phone will do a quick Restart/Respiring.

when the phone come back on go to your settings

In the settings menu you will now see the option for Extreme Preferences Press it

Next Press Applications.

Next Press Phone

Now you will see an a tab marked Cellular Data Editing ON/OFF Switch, it should be off at this time, turn it on.

Now go all the way back to the settings Main Menu, and go to General> Network> Cellular Data Network>

And now you should be able to edit everything to your liking.

After editing everything you need to, go back to Winterboard and disable Supreme Preferences (For Safety)

hit the home button and your phone will restart/respiring again.

once you are the main screen again go back to Settings and confirm Supreme Preferences is no longer showing in your setting menu.

and you should be done, Do not uninstall Supreme Preferences because if you are on 4.1 every so often you need to go back into Cellular Data Network and change some thing and sometimes it disappears out or the setting menu so you may need to Re-Enable Supreme Preferences again.

Again a warning do not mess with any other settings, you will screw up your iPhone, Use the app for nothing else but enabling Cellular Data Network Tab.

P.S. if you need any help PM me.......
    Last edited by Rinnycoop121; 2010-11-15 at 03:29 AM.
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rinnycoop121 For This Useful Post:

dont h8 dre (2010-11-16), droop4 (2010-11-16)

Thanks

Thanks your help is much appreciated. One question, can I delete winterboard after enabling these settings?

Ever I had my iPod with summerboard I've been paranoid about summer/winterbord about battery cosumption.

Should I not worry about that?

Thanks

yes you can, but later on you may need to re-install it for the reason above
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button

Dont do this. If you want the Cellular Data Tab to reappear, then do this:
    Go to Settings, General, Network.
    Pop out your SIM card
    DONT hit OK when it says "No SIM installed"
    wait a few seconds
    Pop the SIM back in.
    Cellular Data Network should appear in a few seconds.

It did for me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by philmcn View Post
    Pop out your SIM card
    wait a few seconds
    Pop the SIM back in.

It did for me.
    All the information i give to people is the same procedures i use, if they work for me then they should work for others,.

And your method does not work all the time, prior to doing the above, i spent 2 days trying to get my Cellular Data Tab working.

Pulling out the card re-inserting it pulling it our again, i even posted info on that also on how to get your Carrier to show up if it shows no carrier on the top left corner.

Quote Originally Posted by philmcn View Post
    Pop out your SIM card
    wait a few seconds
    Pop the SIM back in.

It did for me.
    Do you have a 3G/3GS or a 4?

I tried to search for supremePreference and it is not available anymore. Is there a replacement for iphone 4?
    Last edited by ndkone; 2010-11-29 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

this was for mu Iphone 4

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnycoop121 View Post
    this was for mu Iphone 4
    Hi, what is a MU iphone4?

I have an jailbreaked/unlock iphone 4 with iOS 4.0.2 and BB 1.59.

this was for mu Iphone 4
    Rinny is your Edge still going on and off though??
    Iphone 4 16GB
    Iphone 2g 8GB (Retired)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ndkone View Post
    Hi, what is a MU iphone4?

I have an jailbreaked/unlock iphone 4 with iOS 4.0.2 and BB 1.59.
    Sorry type-o. I meant MY not mu

Quote Originally Posted by jess127 View Post
    Rinny is your Edge still going on and off though??
    Well I went the other day and got a new sim from t-mobile and then went back in and started from scratch. Restored, jailbroke, unlocked, patched commcenter and used carrier update STANDARD and everything was working fine with no additional settings needed, but started losing edge last night and today on & off, no celular data network warning pop up

But now all seems to be working fine mms SMS email web, tether

the only other problem I keep getting is invalid sim or sim failure need to restart about 8 or 9 time to get service back also sometimes I need to eject the sim and put it back in a few time and restart to get it back

I have no idea what that's about

Why do you ask?
    Last edited by Rinnycoop121; 2010-11-29 at 10:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Well I went the other day and got a new sim from t-mobile and then went back in and started from scratch. Restored, jailbroke, unlocked, patched commcenter and used carrier update STANDARD and everything was working fine with no additional settings needed, but started losing edge last night and today on & off, no celular data network warning pop up

But now all seems to be working fine mms SMS email web, tether

the only other problem I keep getting is invalid sim or sim failure need to restart about 8 or 9 time to get service back also sometimes I need to eject the sim and put it back in a few time and restart to get it back

I have no idea what that's about

Why do you ask?
    Because if you are still losing edge then there's no point of me trying it... haha... but I am also getting the invalid sim/no service lately and also cant receive mms get a resolution error message... They need to hurry up with the 4.2 jb/unlock... ugh.. This is starting to make me hate my phone lol. When it comes out we're gonna have to do it from scratch no restore from back up... so lame!
    Iphone 4 16GB
    Iphone 2g 8GB (Retired)