Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Help with 3G on 4.1

Default Help with 3G on 4.1
    Hey guys,

I got my iphone 3g jailbroken, but now I am having trouble unlocking it. I tried yellowsnow, but after doing so it still says searching. Wifi works, but I have no other signal besides this. Is there another way I can unlock the phone or another tool?
    PS,I have a PC not a mac.

Thanks,

Thanks
    Thanked 17,645 Times in 8,025 Posts

If you are on 3.1 the you should use ultrasn0w to unlock. Just to be sure go into settings-general-about and scroll down to modem firmware and see what it says there.

what needs to be there? I'm not sure what I'm looking at and actually right now I have to start from sqaure one, I lost the jailbreak.

Thanks

Just post what you see there under modem firmware. How have you lost the jailbreak?

Thanks

I'll help you through it, but first im gonna need a few bits of information.

First of all, if you could post all the info under Settings>general>about.

We are looking specifically for your current version, serial number, and modem firmware.

Hello, sorry I jack your thread because I am the same boat . I just bought a 3G, my iphone infor. about is:
    Version: 3.0 (7A341)
    Modem: 04.26.08
    Should I jailbreak & unlock now or wait until the new version?
    Thanks alot.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by saigonmylove View Post
    Hello, sorry I jack your thread because I am the same boat . I just bought a 3G, my iphone infor. about is:
    Version: 3.0 (7A341)
    Modem: 04.26.08
    Should I jailbreak & unlock now or wait until the new version?
    Thanks alot.
    Its up to you whether or not you want to do it now or not. You have two options. You can shift-click restore to 3.1.3 and jailbreak with redsn0w 0.9.4 or jailbreakme.com, or you can use sn0wbreeze or pwnage tool to make a custom 4.1 and restore to that. If you restore to a regular 4.1 you will lose the ability to unlock.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Simon For This Useful Post:

saigonmylove (2010-11-15)

The 4.2 is coming soon so I might wait till then to see. Thanks for quick response .

Well now itunes is being picky about a downgrade fimrware, I cant seem to find one it will take. Does the fact im using itunes 10 matter? I couldnt find an older verison of it to download anywhere..

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

ITunes should be fine loading a custom 4.1. Any other (4.x) version requires previously saved info and Tiny Umbrella. Load a custom firmware (sn0wbreeze) to keep your unlockable modem firmware version.

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    ITunes should be fine loading a custom 4.1. Any other (4.x) version requires previously saved info and Tiny Umbrella. Load a custom firmware (sn0wbreeze) to keep your unlockable modem firmware version.
    I got it back up and running on 4.1, somehow and now i need to try and get it unlocked with ultra snow, or is there something else in cydia i can use?

okay, I think I used ultrasnow correctly, but my iphone is still saying searching.. am I missing something I feel there is one last step that I dont know.. I think I am really close!

Thanks

Check to see what your modem firmware says in settings-general-about. You may have a modem firmware that is not unlockable right now.

Is that bad?

Thanks

ya, that cant be unlocked right now. Good news is a new unlock may be out later this week depending on if 4.2 comes out tomorrow.

Shoot, I was afraid of this.. So now I have to wait for 4.2 to be released? When will we find out if an unlock for the modem is out or where can I go to keep up onit? I paid for my first month of t-mobile, I'd like to use my iphone lol but if its a few days that I can live with..

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Sometimes 'Reset Network Settings' helps.

Oops, 5.14.x is bad .. Cannot be unlocked now

^x95car is fast w/replies
    Last edited by Mes; 2010-11-16 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Just keep track on this site or on www.clarified.com or the iPhone dev team blog for up to date news.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast