Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Facetime & MMS issues on Iphone 4 with 4.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Facetime & MMS issues on Iphone 4 with 4.1
    Ok guys here is the skinny.

Jailbroke my iphone 4 running on 4.1 with 1.59.00 modem version with pawnage tool usinng a custom firmware and unlocked with ultrasnow.

No cellular network settings under settings>general. Installed supreme preferences 3.0 to have cellular network setting to appear. installed a variant of MMS settings. MMS still does not work.

Added the cydia.pushinfo repo to install Mitime, facetime setting appears, hanging on activation.

Tried a different route this time based on threads on this forum and others.

Installed a non-active ATT microsim on the Iphone 4, continued to use pawnage tool to create the custom firmware, going through activation and installed ultrasnow to unlock the Iphone.

Removed ATT sim and installed the T-mobile sim, no cellular network under settings>general. no MMS & no internet on edge.

Facetime appears under settings>phone. Went through the "waiting activation" process through last night and deemed sucessful the following day. Facetime is in the "on" position but everytime you call somebody, the facetime icon under the contact does not appear and when you go back to settings>phone, facetime is in the off position.

Installed supreme preferences this time, facetime disappeared on settings>phone.

Extremely frustrated trying to make facetime and MMS to work on tmobile using t-zones, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by technobuff; 2010-11-08 at 06:52 PM.

Ok this is what you have to do to get everything working.

First you need to downgrade to 4.0.1 and make sure you activate with an AT&T card. ( if you don't have one, well you have to borrow one from a friend or Someone.)

After you activate jailbreak your phone and unlock.
    Than got to cydia. And add this repo
    "cydia.pushfix.info" and install mitime.

Purchase mitime to get your FaceTime working. After you did so make sure mitime says activation on file. You can restore to 4.1 make sure you preserve your baseband with eather tiny-umbrella or pt.

After you restore, make sure you activate again with an AT&T card.
    Than just jailbreak and unlock install mitime again.
    To get your mms to work properly you have to patch the comcenter and install a tmobile bundle. Check the stickies for that. If you want me to guide you through this. Shoot me an email. Ggonxhi@ gmail.com.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Make sure your carrier says carrier 7.0 or 8.0, if doesn't say any of those your mms or facetime will not work you have to install carrier reset fix, and make sure your push notifications are working.

I got an iPhone 4 on 4.1 jailbroken and unlocked for tmobile and tried the mitime but didn't work..i found a page where all I had to do to activate FaceTime on tmobile is
    1. Turn on face time under settings and wait until it says "waiting for activation"
    2. Go and send yourself a text message and wait 90 minutes( took 2 minutes for me)
    3. Bam! I can now FaceTime ) let me know if it works for u guys

how about the mms? i till cannot get it wotk. please help

for mms : ]
    1.download tmobile mms fix tweak from cydia
    2. dont reboot after installation, press home buttons instead
    3.go to Settings> General> Network> Cellular Data Network> and confirm that the MMS settings arre filled in mmsc, mms proxy, mms message size, mms us prof URL should all have info in the boxes.
    4.turn off iphone and turn back on like oyu normally would
    5.turn it back on and go back to Settings> General> Network> Cellular Data Network and enter "epc.tmobile.com" for both apn and cellular data
    6. should work from there,
    warning: you might receive multiple pictures from previous attempts but it eventually stops

let me know if this works

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

What do you mean found a page? Like you texted yourself from that page or just from someone else's phone?

I found a website(forum)..and it explained what to do..and you text yourself from your own phone..

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Doesn't work...I left it on all night...this morning it said activated but the switch kept flipping to off and wouldn't stay on.