Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: FaceTime on iphone 4 4.1 on Tmobile with Mitime DOES NOT WORK!!!!

Default FaceTime on iphone 4 4.1 on Tmobile with Mitime DOES NOT WORK!!!!
    I have spent days downgrading and restoring trying everything I've read on forums. Some people claim they have FaceTime working on Iphone 4 using MiTime thus from my experience I think it is bull. I have FaceTime activated but as before I only get," FaceTime failed", as I did before I started wasting my time troubleshooting. I am getting tire of this crap. I just want to use the technology that is with the phone. I am really tired of Apple. I am really considering a end to this crap and just get a Android phone. I also hope others do the same to send a message to Apple.
    Apple sucks and Mitime doesn't work and it sucks because the author is silent in telling people it doesn't work with Iphone 4 at 4.1 thus cause many countless hours troubleshooting for nothing!!!
    Last edited by jackgene; 2010-11-06 at 07:08 PM.

as far as i know, mitime does not work with 4.1 . but there are other ways to make facetime works with t-mobile.
    this is what i did to make my face time work with t-mobile without mitime.

restore to 4.1 , use original sim ATT to activate ( even without service one) then jailbreak and unlock with any sim ( even with t-mobile sim)

after u get the t-mobile service with t-mobile sim then turn on the face time ( then u will get notification pop up), then u reboot the phone and u will see another pop up about long distant msg or something ( i don't exactly remember).

just leave it like that don't mess around with face time toggle ON or Off any more leave it for a few hours to a day. and it will activate, but u might get a few internation msg charge not more than 2 or 3 tho. once activate u will never get charge for internation msg agian. and GOOD LUCK. if works don't forget to click on Thank =D

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Chityuulay For This Useful Post:

jackgene (2010-11-11)

I will try one last time. Which jailbreak and unlock do you use for 4.1?

fu*k apples FaceTime, get tango instead... much better... can video with other phones like htc evo, mytouch 4G, etc...

FaceTime works on 4.1 if u bought and activated it while u were on 4.0.x. It's also right on the main page of his website in red letters at the top that new activations of mitime don't work in 4.1. If u downgrade, then u need to make a new activation, make sure it works, and then update to 4.1 and it will work

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

You make it seem as if downgrading is so easy, Jackgene i feel ya i have the same problem i bought the stupid app for nothing and the dumb owner doesnt answer, and my facetime is activated tried a call with my brother hes on AT&T and it just stays on connecting, never connects.

As I said I tried everything. With Mitime I downgraded twice activating twice in 4.0.2, purchased MiTime twice before updating also shsh was saved the second time around. Followed everything to spec, spent countless hours and IT DOES NOT WORK. Now I have tried as recommended by Chitiyuulay and it still does not work. I followed also to spec. several times after I got the messages when Facetime was turned on and I let sit with the "waiting for activation" display and when I would return the Facetime button would turn off by itself. When I would restart it would be the same. I am beginning to really think Android is the future this is to much crap just to use a mobile device.
    Last edited by jackgene; 2010-11-07 at 04:05 PM.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I got my Factime to activate without Mitime even though i did purchase it, just wanted to try, so i uninstalled mitime turned off facetime and on a couple of times left over night and its activated, but still when i make a facetime call to someone it just says connecting and never connects.

Quote Originally Posted by jackgene View Post
    As I said I tried everything. With Mitime I downgraded twice activating twice in 4.0.2, purchased MiTime twice before updating also shsh was saved the second time around. Followed everything to spec, spent countless hours and IT DOES NOT WORK. Now I have tried as recommended by Chitiyuulay and it still does not work. I followed also to spec. several times after I got the messages when Facetime was turned on and I let sit with the "waiting for activation" display and when I would return the Facetime button would turn off by itself. When I would restart it would be the same. I am beginning to really think Android is the future this is to much crap just to use a mobile device.
    As sooon as switch on , there is a message pop up, instead of closing that msg Did you REBOOT the phone? if you do it correctly after rebooting the phone another MSG should comes up.

* by the way i used green poison *.

My is working 100% perfect T-mobile iphone 4 4.1

Instructions to Install MiTime on iPhone 4 to activate FaceTime on unofficial carrier

Step 1: Jailbreak your iPhone 4 with JailbreakMe.

Step 2: IF you are outside the US, check your phone # in Settings -> Phone. Your phone number must be correct and should have the + symbol at the front of it. You should NOT continue unless your phone # is exactly the one that you entered on the purchase page of MiTime.info

Step 3: Install MiTime from my repo via Cydia. To do so, follow the steps below

■Start ‘Cydia’ on your jailbroken iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1 springboard.
    ■Select ‘Manage’ tab at the bottom of your iPhone screen and then select ‘Sources’.
    ■Select ‘Edit’ and then select ‘Add’. Now enter a URL source. Type ‘http://cydia.pushfix.info’ and select on ‘Add Source’. Once Cydia has added the source click on ‘Return to Cydia’ button.
    ■Once the installation is completed. Search for ‘MiTime’ in Cydia and install it.
    ■Reboot your iPhone.
    Step 4: Run MiTime and verify you are authorized – If your phone # matches, you will be.

Step 5: See below and compare to what you have on the screen:

■If it says “Ready for activation” and has an “Activate” button, you are ready to use a credit to activate.
    ■If it does NOT say “Ready for activation”, leave it at this screen until it resets FaceTime and re-springs (2 minutes). After re-spring, unlock the phone and within one minute it should warn you about costs – IMPORTANT–>click OK. If it doesn’t warn you or does not reset, see the troubleshooting tips below.
    ■If it says “Activated” you can stop here. It will back up your FaceTime activation for later recovery.
    Step 6: If you are ready, tap the Activate button and follow the prompts. Only send one activation request and wait for up to 15 minutes. It should only take 1 minute, but don’t waste your activation credits. If it doesn’t activate after 15 minutes, eject and re-insert your SIM. Wait 1 minute and then reboot.

Step 7: If it says the request was sent, stay on this screen. Within 1 minute usually, you will see it change to Activated.

Step 8: You are done. Once it shows Activated, it has saved your token and FaceTime is fully enabled.

The app can be used to fix almost any FaceTime problem in the future just by running it. To get the iPhone 4 FaceTime activation on all carriers you need to shell out $5.99 bucks to purchase MyTime cydia app.

@kingzeus If it says connecting and gets stuck then the problem is with ur push notifications. All mitime does is activate, if it's says activated, then mitime has done it's job. Any other problem is irrevelant to mitime and there is something else wrong. I've been through the same thing and there are MANY things that could be stopping ur FaceTime from working, mitime is not designed to fix everything.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

How do i fix my push notifications? and by the way i found a real good app i think its the same quality as facetime its called tango you can download it free from the app store works real great and works over 3g and you dont need to activate facetime just enable it, but you can only make video calls with people who only have tango

People in order to use mitime there 2 requirements
    1. You need to activate your phone with an AT&T sim. No hacktivation.
    2. You need to be on 4.0.1 to activate. Later you can save the activation and port it to 4.1.

Some people say you could also use 4.0.2 but I have not tried it so I don't know.

I have an iPhone 4 on 4.1 and everything works on the phone with tmobile.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ggonxhi View Post
    People in order to use mitime there 2 requirements
    1. You need to activate your phone with an AT&T sim. No hacktivation.
    2. You need to be on 4.0.1 to activate. Later you can save the activation and port it to 4.1.

Some people say you could also use 4.0.2 but I have not tried it so I don't know.

I have an iPhone 4 on 4.1 and everything works on the phone with tmobile.
    No you dont my brother just purchased Mitime yesterday and hes on 4.1 T mobile and facetime activated and made a test call with someone and worked perfect

Quote Originally Posted by KingZeus View Post
    No you dont my brother just purchased Mitime yesterday and hes on 4.1 T mobile and facetime activated and made a test call with someone and worked perfect
    I'm glad it did. But unless the developer fixed mitime to work under 4.1 I don't know how it activated. Other factors should come in place like through tmobile activation. I as well have FaceTime activated under 4.1 but I been activated since 4.0.1. And no I did not activate with mitime at first. My phone was one of those phones that just activated over tmobile.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

He installed Mitime sent the international msg he got the code in mitime then he bought it and it activated and worked perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by KingZeus View Post
    He installed Mitime sent the international msg he got the code in mitime then he bought it and it activated and worked perfect.
    That's fine but it does not mean it will work for everyone.

I got an iPhone 4 on 4.1 jailbroken and unlocked for tmobile and tried the mitime but didn't work..i found a page where all I had to do to activate FaceTime on tmobile is
    1. Turn on face time under settings and wait until it says "waiting for activation"
    2. Go and send yourself a text message and wait 90 minutes( took 2 minutes for me)
    3. Bam! I can now FaceTime ) let me know if it works for u guys

Default FaceTime Failed
    I keep getting the FaceTime Failed error message.
    Tried downloading the MiTime app, followed the instructions perfectly, still nothing.

When I go to MiTime, it says that its activated, that Push is working, and MiTime is purchased, and all seems fine there.

It now doesn't work even when I put my old AT&T sim in there, and it used to work last week, before I purchased a "Simple Mobile" Sim.

So, now FaceTime is constantly failing, and I really loved using it. Any Help?
    I am on iPhone 4.0
    Carrier 7
    Modem Firmware 01.59.00
    FaceTime ON

Please Help!

Default Face time waiting for activation
    Dude We are talking abt 4.1 NOT 4.0.1......I am in Brazil and when I was on 4.0.1 facetime worked perfectly after jaibreaking with jailbreakme and unlocking with ultrasnow...but since the time I did snowbreeze JB with ultrasnow unlock....facetime and data cellular network DO NOT WORK....have tried EVERYTHING available on the net........NOTHING WORKS!

Quote Originally Posted by hferran View Post
    My is working 100% perfect T-mobile iphone 4 4.1

Instructions to Install MiTime on iPhone 4 to activate FaceTime on unofficial carrier

Step 1: Jailbreak your iPhone 4 with JailbreakMe.

Step 2: IF you are outside the US, check your phone # in Settings -> Phone. Your phone number must be correct and should have the + symbol at the front of it. You should NOT continue unless your phone # is exactly the one that you entered on the purchase page of MiTime.info

Step 3: Install MiTime from my repo via Cydia. To do so, follow the steps below

■Start ‘Cydia’ on your jailbroken iPhone 4 iOS 4.0.1 springboard.
    ■Select ‘Manage’ tab at the bottom of your iPhone screen and then select ‘Sources’.
    ■Select ‘Edit’ and then select ‘Add’. Now enter a URL source. Type ‘http://cydia.pushfix.info’ and select on ‘Add Source’. Once Cydia has added the source click on ‘Return to Cydia’ button.
    ■Once the installation is completed. Search for ‘MiTime’ in Cydia and install it.
    ■Reboot your iPhone.
    Step 4: Run MiTime and verify you are authorized – If your phone # matches, you will be.

Step 5: See below and compare to what you have on the screen:

■If it says “Ready for activation” and has an “Activate” button, you are ready to use a credit to activate.
    ■If it does NOT say “Ready for activation”, leave it at this screen until it resets FaceTime and re-springs (2 minutes). After re-spring, unlock the phone and within one minute it should warn you about costs – IMPORTANT–>click OK. If it doesn’t warn you or does not reset, see the troubleshooting tips below.
    ■If it says “Activated” you can stop here. It will back up your FaceTime activation for later recovery.
    Step 6: If you are ready, tap the Activate button and follow the prompts. Only send one activation request and wait for up to 15 minutes. It should only take 1 minute, but don’t waste your activation credits. If it doesn’t activate after 15 minutes, eject and re-insert your SIM. Wait 1 minute and then reboot.

Step 7: If it says the request was sent, stay on this screen. Within 1 minute usually, you will see it change to Activated.

Step 8: You are done. Once it shows Activated, it has saved your token and FaceTime is fully enabled.

The app can be used to fix almost any FaceTime problem in the future just by running it. To get the iPhone 4 FaceTime activation on all carriers you need to shell out $5.99 bucks to purchase MyTime cydia app.