Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: About Tmobile 4G Network...

Talking About Tmobile 4G Network...
    T-Mobile just lauched their 4G network, I'm wondering if my iPhone 4 works with 4G and will the new 4G network increase my EDGE speed??

iPhone? More like MyPhone Patato22's Avatar
    Thanks

* 3G network - 850/1900MHz: M4, T4
    * 2G network - 850MHz: M3, T3
    * 2G network - 1900MHz: M2, T3

So no support for 4G network for the iPhone 4

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Patato22 For This Useful Post:

kewty01 (2010-11-02)

Will the new 4G network increase my edge speed??....

4G is not an upgrade for edge, it's an entirely new network. So yes it will increase ur Internet speed if u have a compatible phone but it it won't affect edge. It makes no difference for iPhones

They haven't got a 4G network. It's just marketing crap. It's a 3G network marketed as 4G.

How can u be so sure?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

T-Mobile has no 4G network, it has 3.5G which is a slight upgrade from it's current 3G network. The 4G claim is nothing but marketing nonsense.

How can I be so sure? Unlike some gullible people, I look at the tech behind a press release. 4G is close to 100Mbps. They are going to get sued for false advertising by other carriers, and maybe, even by customers.

Well if u think of it like that, then technically no carrier has 4G because no one does ~100mbps. Only wimax 2 and LTEA can be qualified for 4G which won't be widely available until 2013.
    Tmobile has hspa+ but calls it 4G because it runs at speeds similar to other carriers "4G" network.
    It would be hard to sue them without also sueing every other US carrier
    Last edited by Waleed786; 2010-11-02 at 11:27 PM.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Waleed786 For This Useful Post:

SpookyET (2010-11-03)

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    Well if u think of it like that, then technically no carrier has 4G because no one does ~100mbps. Only wimax 2 and LTEA can be qualified for 4G which won't be widely available until 2013.
    Tmobile has hspa+ but calls it 4G because it runs at speeds similar to other carriers "4G" network.
    It would be hard to sue them without also sueing every other US carrier
    A lie is a lie no matter how you dress it up. USA is backwards. Other countries are working on true 4G and not lying to people.

Agreed 100%
    do European countries have real 4G? If not then who does?

I call tmobile today here in miami fl and they said that by 11/5/10 is going to be 4g and no more E now is going to be H.

I'm guessing the H stands for hspa+...but it's still going to be edge for iPhone users

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Waleed786 For This Useful Post:

iRick (2010-11-05)

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm guessing the H stands for hspa+...but it's still going to be edge for iPhone users
    So basically the only chance for our sake is go get our hands on a APN that will allow the iPhone to run on 3G, or not?

And I don't think they've released it nor will they.. or anyone knows something I don't??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyET View Post
    A lie is a lie no matter how you dress it up. USA is backwards. Other countries are working on true 4G and not lying to people.
    I don't think anyone has true 4G running yet. I read an article off of Gizmodo (link below) and 4G claims are all just marketing flair.

The true 4G experience, in 10-15 years, will have speeds more like:
    "up to a gigabit a second" in a wireless LAN, and 100Mbps for fully mobile applications
    The Dirty Secret of Today's 4G: It's not 4G

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

i think we are missing the point here.

the main question is are we going to be able to get faster web on our iPhone with tmobile service?

Or are we stuck with edge service till Iphone is officially moved to tmobile?
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnycoop121 View Post
    i think we are missing the point here.

the main question is are we going to be able to get faster web on our iPhone with tmobile service?

Or are we stuck with edge service till Iphone is officially moved to tmobile?
    That was already answered 3 or 4 times in the thread. Were still stuck at edge. No APN mod or any other software mod can bring us to 3G/4G.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

That was already answered 3 or 4 times in the thread. Were still stuck at edge. No APN mod or any other software mod can bring us to 3G/4G.
    I understand that, but the forum started to stray from the subject.

What i am trying to say is, so what if there is no real 4g network in the USA.

So what if they are lying, i mean the conversation changed from us getting better speeds to The USA is a big liar.

so i think we went a bit off the subject of the post.

don't you?
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button