Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: New Sim Question?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

Question New Sim Question?
    i keep reading that the newer sim with the smaller data area (Gold Part) is better for the iphone 4 on 4.1 is that true?

Because i keep getting Cellular Data issues, it come on and go's off when ever it wants.

Let me know
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button

U didn't mention the carrier, I'll assume it's tmobile. I didn't feel any difference with the new SIM, everything is the same. It could just be it coverage, or ur SIM might be worn out

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnycoop121 View Post
    i keep reading that the newer sim with the smaller data area (Gold Part) is better for the iphone 4 on 4.1 is that true?

Because i keep getting Cellular Data issues, it come on and go's off when ever it wants.

Let me know
    They are electronically identical. If your SIM is causing problems (unlikely) it's because the cutting was not perfect.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mes View Post
    They are electronically identical. If your SIM is causing problems (unlikely) it's because the cutting was not perfect.
    i used a sim cutter for my sim and Actually in comparison my T-mobile sim is the exact size (Data Area/Gold Part) to the micro AT&T Sim.

but every so often upon restarting i get Sim Failure, or No Service, or just no carrier listed on-top.

And some people were saying to get the newer smaller types sim (Data Area/Gold Part) it works better on 4.1.

So i just wanted to confirm. because i recently got service for my little boy Kids free till 2012 and i noticed his Sim was much smaller then mine.
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

Never hurts to get a new one and eliminate that as a cause.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Mes For This Useful Post:

Rinnycoop121 (2010-10-31)

Thanks

ok thanks