Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Method 2 WinSCP: Patch CommCenter & T-Mobile US Enable Carrier Bundles

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Method 2 WinSCP: Patch CommCenter & T-Mobile US Enable Carrier Bundles
    Attention ModMyI Members, If any info is incorrect let me know and i will update

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................................

1st All Thanks goto nnguyen04 for his help with the Patch CommCenter & T-Mobile US Enable Carrier Bundles Method. which can be foundat Post http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/72...r-bundles.html

if IFile is not working for you, as it did not work for me you can try this method to Patch CommCenter & T-Mobile US Enable Carrier Bundles

STEP 1. You may want to set your phone Autolock to Never

STEP 2. Download WinSCP at Download WinSCP from SourceForge.net the the DEB file at Download ccp4.1-4_wortel.deb from Mirrorcreator - Upload files to multiple file sharing sites and save the DEB file to your desktop and the "Rename" file to something simple for instance i renamed mine to rinny.deb

STEP 3. Run WinSCP and SSH into your iPhone and browse to the following folder on your iPhone

Private/var/mobile

"if you do not know how to ssh into your iPhone read step 4 if you do skip to Step 5"

STEP 4. go to cydia download and install OpenSSH & SBSETTINGS, once installed,

you may need to restart you phone.

once you phone is booted up go to Settings> WI-FI> Connect to your WIFI connection, once connected click on the Blue Arrow on and look at your ip address and right it down you will need it to gain access to your iPhone through WinSCP.

Now that you have your IP Address it is time to run WinSCP

STEP 5.now with WinSCP on the screen you will see the following screen Enter the following info in the fields IP address that you got from the WIFI Section of your iPhone, next box enter the user name: root Password: alpine or what ever you changed it to.

alpine is the default password if you have not changed it.

You will get a pop-up asking a question on WinSCP just click the button that says UPDATE. Once WinSCP is connected to your iPhone you will see 2 columns the one on the left is your PC library and the one on the right is your iPhone Library.

STEP 6. like i said in step 2 in the right section of WinSCP browse to "private/var/mobile" in the left section of WinSCP browse to the location of your DEB file "SEE PHOTO BELOW"

in the left section of WinSCP browse to the location of your DEB file

STEP 7. Once the .DEB file is selected Click on the COPY Button at the bottom of the WinSCP Screen.

Now you should see the deb file located in the folder on your right side private/var/mobile folder

if all is good and the file is in the private/var/mobile folder then move to next step

STEP 8. With WinSCP on the screen press the CTRL + T and you will get the following pop-up window.

Click on the OK button now a Console window will pop-up in front of WinSCP on top you will see where is says enter command, type the following command

dpkg -i xxxxxxxx.deb

(the xxxxxxx is the what ever you changed the file name to)

now click the Execute button

and you should see something like the message below, i got error messages because i already have the .deb file installed

Your done. Now Reboot Your iPhone

it is allot easier then it sound.

Now goto iTunes and Patch your Carrier-Settings

Now onto Carrier Setting Instructions.

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......................................

All thanks go to nnguyen04 for the instructions on how this is done

Quote Originally Posted by nnguyen04 View Post
    Patch CommCenter & Enable Carrier Bundles

Okay this works perfectly for me and many of the other iPhone4 I did. Works thanks to wortel & Spookyet

1. Reset network setting / reboot
    2. SSH your phone to var/mobile/ - place wortel commcenter patch in there
    Download ccp4.1-4_wortel.deb from Mirrorcreator - Upload files to multiple file sharing sites
    3. install it via mobileterminal or iFile( i use ifile) "dpkg -i xxxx.deb"
    just use ifile it much simpler haha - REBOOT PHONE
    4. Enable plist editing by running - GOOGLE THIS and just copy and paste command line into cmd or console
    command promopt -> C:Program FilesiTunesiTunes.exe" /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1

Detail steps from rinnycoop121 - Thanks!

5. Install T-Mobile Bundles ( i use legacy since i use web2go and most compilable with MMS from all phones)
    t-mobile_us_ios4_1.1.1.ipcc.zip - File Shared from Box.net - Free Online File Storage
    6. Connect iphone4 -> itunes -> shift + check for updates --> choose the carrier bundles you want
    7. reboot iphone4 -> take out sim --> place back in --> wait for signal

EDGE WORKS 100% MMS works 100%
    Thanks again spooket and wortel!!
    Once again this is for iPhone4 only
    for iPhone3GS/3G easiest solution is to just use sinfuliphonerepo "tmo is04 mms fix" - that works 100%

TO FIX THE EDGE/MMS NOT WORKING AFTER REBOOT - JUST GO TO YOUR T-MOBILE STORE AND GET A NEWER SIM CARD - THE SLIMMER ONE WORKS THE BEST! - tried it and rebooted 5 times - edge/mms still works 100% - seem like i got better signal too! lol.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR WINDOWS USERS

EDIT: OK here is how you do it I will add more detailed pics later if additional help is needed let me know

Make sure to you have iTunes running and your phone connected to PC while doing this procedure

Click the Windows Logo/Start Button
    in the search box type cmd

once you see it in the list
    right click on cmd and select Run As Administrator.

once the Command Prompt Opens you will see it says

C:Windows\System32

you type cd/ and hit enter

now you will be at the C: prompt

now type the following command Depending on which windows you are running

Windows XP / Vista cd Program Files\iTunes then press enter

Windows 7 cd Program Files (x86)\iTunes then press enter

now you should be at

Windows XP / Vista C:Program Files\iTunes

Windows 7 C:Program Files (x86)\iTunes

OK here is were you get commcenter patch to work
    "Again make sure you are running iTunes and your phone is connected to PC"

with you having C:Program Files (x86)\iTunes type this command

iTunes.exe /setPrefInt carrier-testing 1
    and press enter

nothing will happen
    "Meaning nothing will change on the screen and no conformation will be displayed"

but if you go to itunes now and hold shift and click Check for Updates you will now be able to select the file you want

goto iTunes hold shift and click on Check for Updates a open file dialog window will come on the screen.

Browse to the folder where your carrier files are

on the bottom-right of the open file dialog window you will see a drop-down box "File Type Box"

you need to change it from ipsw to ipcc file type and you items will show up now

after selecting the file you want you will see a loading screen that last for less then a second then leaves

and that is it all should be done now.

let me know if you need anything else

Last edited by Rinnycoop121; 2010-10-25 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button

If you don't mind me asking, what are carrier bundles and what are they used for? Looks like the tutorial you have up is very detailed, if it's something I need I will definitely refer to it!

Thanks

Pretty much it is to get your iPhone thinking it is a T-mobile Phone.

The iPhone handles pretty much all Foreign Carriers

Orange Wireless, T-Mobile UK, etc..... But no T-Mobile US.

When one of the other countries get an unlocked iPhone and put their sim in and they are ready to go, there is no setting required to get it to work (On Some Networks not all)

Unlike T-Mobile USA you need to tell the iPhone how how to handle T-Mobile's MMS Setting, Edge Network, and a whole bunch of other technical stuff Pretty much you trying to teach someone another Language.

That is what the above procedure does, it adds to the phone the T-mobile USA network Settings.

But only for iPhone 4

But i am not the man to answer that question, i just gave you what i think i know. (Not even sure if i am correct) but that is what i get out of it.

You really need to talk to one of the Pro's here at Modmyi.com

But that is pretty much it.

Anyone Else want to add to this........

All the info i placed above was the procedure i used to get everything working, you could try an easier way, these instructions are if the first method does not work for you.

you can find the original method at this post
    http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/72...r-bundles.html
    Last edited by Rinnycoop121; 2010-10-26 at 03:44 AM.
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rinnycoop121 For This Useful Post:

golfing7861 (2010-10-26)

I understand now, thank you for taking the time to explain. Thanks!

Thanks

No problem

Thanks

Is this only for iphone4?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by droop4 View Post
    Is this only for iphone4?
    i believe it is, you can ask nnguyen04 or SpookyET about other model iPhone i only posted this procedure because it is what i did not get my iPhone 4 up and running with all option.

you need to ask someone else about other models.

Sorry.........