Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: EDGE not working after reboot on 4.1

Default EDGE not working after reboot on 4.1
    Anyone else have this problem?
    I installed a custom firmware made with pwnage tool of ios4.1, then installed ultrasn0w, put in all the correct apn settings and had everything working perfectly. I rebooted, tried to get online with edge and i get:

Cannot activate cellular data.

I fixed it by resetting network settings and ejecting and re-inserting my sim, but why does it do this on iOs4.1? Didn't break after reboot on 4.0.1...
    WANT A UDID SLOT TO RUN BETA iOS FIRMWARE? 87 SLOTS AVALIABLE. $3 EACH PM ME

Thanks

Your APN settings might be clearing each time. Try installing an iOS4 MMS fix (beta.leimobile.com/repo/) which will allow you to edit those settings.

Also check if "Cellular Data" is set to ON and not OFF.

I don't think they're clearing because the apn settings are still there when I go to general>network. It just gives me errors...

I just have soo many problems with 4.1, texts lagging, calls not coming through, cellular data keeps giving me this error...never had this problem on 4.0.1
    Last edited by cybereclipse; 2010-10-22 at 01:02 AM.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I don't have any of those issues...try doing a fresh install and NOT restoring from a backup. That may help.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaNatrix View Post
    I don't have any of those issues...try doing a fresh install and NOT restoring from a backup. That may help.
    i always do.

I went to a TMobile store and changed my sim card to one of the newer ones. problem solved

Green Apple
    Thanks

yeah a new sim card usually does it. Glad to hear it all worked out.

Thanks

Did they charge anything for that? Whatdis you tell them when you got there?

Quote Originally Posted by droop4 View Post
    Did they charge anything for that? Whatdis you tell them when you got there?
    nope, the tmo store near my house is pretty nice and I just went in and asked for a new one

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

Try the Comm Center patches, that should help somewhat.

And does the newer smaller sim work better on iPhone 4 with 4.1?
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnycoop121 View Post
    Try the Comm Center patches, that should help somewhat.

And does the newer smaller sim work better on iPhone 4 with 4.1?
    yep! works a lot better

and i am using the commcenter patch with the tmo legacy ipcc

works prefectly now

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cybereclipse View Post
    yep! works a lot better

and i am using the commcenter patch with the tmo legacy ipcc

works prefectly now
    Good to hear your up and running.
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button

Did you only change out the SIM? I am using the new slim model, but still lose edge after each reboot unless I eject the sim (Not normally a big deal unless I have nothing on hand to use as an ejector tool)

Quote Originally Posted by veekay View Post
    Did you only change out the SIM? I am using the new slim model, but still lose edge after each reboot unless I eject the sim (Not normally a big deal unless I have nothing on hand to use as an ejector tool)
    I upgraded to 4.1 with a preserved baseband, unlocked with ultrasn0w, then patched the commcenter and installed the tmo legacy package....then went and got a new sim from a TMO store and popped it in

Exact same thing I did, aside from already having the sim. After a reboot does it pick right back up or do you ever have to try and refresh things a few times before the edge connection kicks back in?

It usually just picks right up....maybe 1 out or 5 power ons, I encounter a problem that solves itself after 3 reboots or a sim reinsert