Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Got My FaceTime to work

Default Got My FaceTime to work
    I got this from another forum and it worked for me.
    Make sure you're doing this while connected to WIFI.
    Go to phone menu where the facetime is located turn it on
    and it will then say waiting for activation while it says that go out and send your self a text message with a 1 in front of your phone # for ex 13053053056 and then leave it alone after a while it will activate. its not instant as it takes time but it will work.

PS. It will say your carrier might charge you for international rates simply click yes as your number using won't be international so there won't be any issue

Hope it helps

I just got it activated last night too. Been through couple restores, some tweaking, but didn't work. I decided to restore my phone one last time without install any fix... and finally, it came out of nowhere and activated my facetime. Yayyyyyyyyyy
    PS: on 4.1 though, facetime never been activated before.

How is it international if it's just a 1, not a +001? If I dial 1212 that's Manhattan not international Manhattan.

I never stated it was international on t-mobile Ive read people where being charged international rates when using other ways to activate facetime with tmobile but if this method works for you on tmobile then u wont be charged inter. rates like others

I have successfully activated facetime on 2 iphone4. They all only worked around mid night. It sounds weird, but it worked on mine twice (2 different phones)around that time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by homelessz View Post
    I have successfully activated facetime on 2 iphone4. They all only worked around mid night. It sounds weird, but it worked on mine twice (2 different phones)around that time frame.
    how u did it exactly?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

how was that doen been stiuck at waiting for activation
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button

confirmed!! this really works just activated my 4.1 with this method. Note: need to wait over night to get it activate, but it works!!! thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kewty01 View Post
    confirmed!! this really works just activated my 4.1 with this method. Note: need to wait over night to get it activate, but it works!!! thanks!
    can u check t mobile bill for internation text message charges? see if there any and keep us update? thanks in advance.

actually push #674# to see if you got charge anything extra

Quote Originally Posted by k1653d View Post
    actually push #674# to see if you got charge anything extra
    when I press #674#, it says 56 used and 244 remaining and 6 add'l charge

that means I got charged 6 international SMS??

Yeah I think you got charged for those international text messages. If I remember my bill correctly I think they are about $1.25 a piece.

Could have bought mitime for that much.

Some people say if you call and complain to tmobile they will credit you back though. I didnt bother.

So at the end of the day for me after trying to get facetime to work without paying.
    *no face time
    *$10 extra charge to my account

I was going to buy it for the $4.99 but didnt know anyone else with an iphone 4 anyways. Oh well.

is this a one time charge?? or charge every time I use FaceTime??

I believe it only charges you when it's activating. So since your is already activated it shouldn't charge you anymore.

Or probably every time you restart the phone or respring?

Quote Originally Posted by kewty01 View Post
    when I press #674#, it says 56 used and 244 remaining and 6 add'l charge

that means I got charged 6 international SMS??
    I have unlimited text under my plan, but it says the following
    1,369 Used unlim remaining 22 Add'l, does that mean that I got charged?

I just logged into my tmo account and saw that the 22 are the picture messages.

Freak, nvm I just downloaded the message detail and I found out that it says UN KINGDOM, I counted 6 so hopefully it shouldn't be so much, time to invest in MiTime
    Last edited by iinfamousaznn; 2010-10-18 at 09:51 AM.

MiTime doesn't work on iOS 4.1 for now....hope they'll fix it sooooon!!

Quote Originally Posted by iinfamousaznn View Post
    I have unlimited text under my plan, but it says the following
    1,369 Used unlim remaining 22 Add'l, does that mean that I got charged?

I just logged into my tmo account and saw that the 22 are the picture messages.

Freak, nvm I just downloaded the message detail and I found out that it says UN KINGDOM, I counted 6 so hopefully it shouldn't be so much, time to invest in MiTime

this is why i havent even tried out mitime yet that sux. they need to fix this asap!!! why should we have to pay for this ****

I downgraded my phone to 4.0.1 and activated through mitime and got the FT working and upgraded back to 4.1 still FT working ... I didnt wanna risk wasting international messages i guess i made a good choice
    Iphone 4 16GB
    Iphone 2g 8GB (Retired)

I too have successfully got my facetime working on T-Mobile. I never did get it working on 4.0.1 but I used pwnagetool to preserve my baseband and upgraded to 4.1 and now have it working.

I started by going into settings>phone, in there under "My Number" was my number with a +1 in front. Ex. +1(555)555-5555. From there I turned on the facetime option which now said "waiting for activation" underneath it and prompted up the notification about "international texting rates blah blah". (Make sure u get that notification to come up)

Then I sent myself an sms with a +1 in front of my own number. I rebooted and after going back into settings>phone the facetime option was still on and underneath read "Your number will be shared blah blah." I tested it with the OSX Facetime app and I could both send/receive.

After having it working I did remove the +1 from the "My Number" option by toggling airplane mode on/off to enable editing. (Not necessary but just a personal preference) Also I've heard reports of it taking a while to activate so you may need to wait an hour or two after you reboot. Hope this helps those having problems activating facetime.
    Last edited by JRML970; 2010-10-22 at 12:21 PM.
    iPhone 4 32GB JB & Unlocked w/ T-Mobile

21. The Following User Says Thank You to JRML970 For This Useful Post:

marshalzhukov (2010-10-23)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast