Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Got My FaceTime to work

Thanks
    Been trying forever to get it to work by just turning it on and leaving it overnight. Probably just going to by buying the pushfix by Mitime for $8. :/

It works, just be patient. Just turn it on and wait for the pop up notification, press ok and wait. Sometime you have to restart the phone, I had to because my FT went back to off, so you would have to turn it on again and get the pop up notification, everytime you get that, you will pay 0.20.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

The overnight trick doesn't work for most people...I guess some just get lucky. I tried everything. I ended up downgrading to 4.0.1, activating w a legit sim, installing mitime, using tinyumbrella to upgrade to stock 4.1, activated with a legit sim, ran limera1n, installed ultrasn0w, downloaded mitime again and presto. Facetime working on 4.1 tmobile iphone 4. Tedious, and I probably wouldn't have done it without having other errors that demanded a restore. If you want facetime though, and can't be satisfied with tango or skype, go for it.

Thanks
    I just ended up paying $8 for the MiTime pushfix. Works great now. Wish I could have activated for free, though.

finally got mine working ! without having to pay for MiTime ..

I first installed MiTime thinking that was my only solution, then it directed mr to install SAM first. Followed the on screen directions and immediately the "you may get charged for international etcetc" msg came up and FT was working

finally !!

I have a iPhone 4 w/ 4.0.2 on simple mobile service. I tried mitime... and I eventually ran out of credits. So that doesnt work. I finally got my facetime activation "validated". Now the facetime button is on... and under it, it says "your phone number will be shared with people you call with facetime"... so now, how the heck do I now if facetime is actually working? Cause when I go into contacts or call log, I dont see any options to make a facetime call. Any suggestions?
    R.S
    HEROIC RACING
    www.heroicracing.com

use the voice control to activate a facetime call with someone that has an iphone 4

Default Face Time wtih GEVEY SIM?
    I have read this thread and didn't see this anywhere ...

Just got my GEVEY today and FINALLY got my iPhone4 working! YAY!

Now trying to activate Face Time. I already had the 1 in front of my number, so I turned Face Time on and get the "waiting ..." message below it. Not sure about rebooting since I am using the GEVEY. Can anyone tell me about this? any special instructions?

I did send myself a text using the 1(555)555-5555 format from another tMobile phone (I have two phones/numbers). Afraid to reboot though with the GEVEY until I know what I am doing.

Version: 4.2.1
    Modem FW: 3.10.01
    t-Mobile
    Jailbroken with greenpois0n

Thanks!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by eVrn View Post
    I have read this thread and didn't see this anywhere ...

Just got my GEVEY today and FINALLY got my iPhone4 working! YAY!

Now trying to activate Face Time. I already had the 1 in front of my number, so I turned Face Time on and get the "waiting ..." message below it. Not sure about rebooting since I am using the GEVEY. Can anyone tell me about this? any special instructions?

I did send myself a text using the 1(555)555-5555 format from another tMobile phone (I have two phones/numbers). Afraid to reboot though with the GEVEY until I know what I am doing.

Version: 4.2.1
    Modem FW: 3.10.01
    t-Mobile
    Jailbroken with greenpois0n

Thanks!!
    Same situation as you are. I tried adding the "1" and tried the "+1" phone number, connected to wifi, caller id is on,and text myself and waited. Both times I got "Activation unseccessful. Turn on FaceTime to try again."

Did these early evening and let the phone sit overnight and wasn't successful. Did I miss a step?
    I've got NPD (New Phone Disorder) every 6 months.

I active FaceTime in ip4 4.2.1 w/ gevey sim. i do this instal push fix repo cydia.pushfix.info/ and look 4 the tweak claro rd and turn on FaceTime. this work 4 me and maybee help some one let me now

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123