Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: easy way to fix MMS for iPhone 4 on 4.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

Default easy way to fix MMS for iPhone 4 on 4.1
    first goto Settings> General> Reset> click on the button that says "Reset Network Settings"

Using wifi Connection

go to cydia and add source http://beta.leimobile.com/repo once added go and download the tmobile sms fix do not reboot your phone when cydia ask you too do so, instead hit the home button

goto Settings> General> Network> Cellular Data Network> and confirm that the MMS settings arre filled in mmsc, mms proxy, mms message size, mms us prof URL should all have info in the boxes.

not just hold your power button and turn off the phone as you normaly would.

turn it back on and go back to Settings> General> Network> Cellular Data Network> and all the info should still be there, if it is then all you need to do is add the APN info

I am on a MyTouch unlimited plan so my APN for Cellular Data and MMS is epc.tmobile.com

but you need to keep messing around with the APN depending on what plan you are on

epc.tmobile.com or internet2.voicestream.com or wap.voicestream.com

that should fix the problem
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rinnycoop121 For This Useful Post:

jess127 (2010-10-13), realrap7st (2010-10-20)

doesn't work in fact the sms fix is for 4.0 not 4.1

Thanks

i am on 4.1 and mine works perfectly

what is not working? and what type of web plan you have?

i have restored my iphone 4 about 5 time allready re-jailbreaking and unlocking, trying to get youtube to work been doing it with limera1n but today i desided to used greenp0ision and see if youtube will work if i was to jailbreak with greenp0ision and this is exactly what i did to get my mms back everytime
    Last edited by Rinnycoop121; 2010-10-12 at 11:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button

I can send out pictures but I'm gettinfg back no subject the media content was not included due to a pictures resolution or message size restriction. Iphone 4 4.1 01.59.00

which JB did u think is better so far? Greenp0ison or limera1n? I am on limera1n right now.. my battery has a glitch.. one moment it shows a # the other another... say right now its at 84%.. just a few mins ago it was on 67%... weird

worked on my I4 on 4.1 many thanks! used epc.tmobile.com for both apns
    Last edited by jess127; 2010-10-13 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Iphone 4 16GB
    Iphone 2g 8GB (Retired)

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jess127 For This Useful Post:

Rinnycoop121 (2010-10-13), Waleed786 (2010-10-26)

Thanks

i was on limera1n but today i restored to stock and re-jailbroke with greenp0ision

ans same setting as i used with limera1n and it worked with both jailbreaks

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

Hopefully the Reset Network Settings won't wreak havoc on peoples phones with this jailbreak like it has over and over with past jailbreaks.

iPhone? More like MyPhone Go Gators's Avatar
    Thanks

It worked for me, Thanks! I have a iPhone 4 running 4.1 that is jailbroken with Limera1n and unlocked with Ultrasn0w. My MMS would not work until I tried your solution. It worked perfectly on the first try. Thanks again!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

I tried this method and I am able to send MMS but I cant receive them. I am using the epc.tmobile.com as my cellular data apn and MMS apn. I tried the other alternatives on my MMS apn but with the others I am not able to send or receive. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nemolink View Post
    I tried this method and I am able to send MMS but I cant receive them. I am using the epc.tmobile.com as my cellular data apn and MMS apn. I tried the other alternatives on my MMS apn but with the others I am not able to send or receive. Any suggestions?

Thanks

what plan are you on?

Quote Originally Posted by Go Gators View Post
    It worked for me, Thanks! I have a iPhone 4 running 4.1 that is jailbroken with Limera1n and unlocked with Ultrasn0w. My MMS would not work until I tried your solution. It worked perfectly on the first try. Thanks again!
    Happy to help
    Last edited by Rinnycoop121; 2010-10-17 at 10:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

My MMS worked perfectly for a while now, it just stopped working last night...

Will try out t his method.

HEy~!

I am currently:

Plan: T-Mobile USA unlimited everything.
    Iphone: 3GS
    Version: 4.1 (8B117)
    Modem Firmware: 05.14.02
    Jail Break : Green Pois0n (success)
    Unlock: status unknown

Using Cydia I have unsuccessfully unlocked my iphone not allowing me to use the phone service. I have tried two methods http://beta.leimobile.com/repo and a "666" method url

I have read that Modem Firmware: 05.14.02 is "impossible to unlock and using cydia's "Fuzzyband" impossible to role back.

I have read that there is a way to roll back your drivers.

This is my first attempt to Jailbreak/unlock as I fired at+t yesterday.

Please advise.

my aim is snipertka , I have ventrilo if voice help is needed.

Thanks~!

Quote Originally Posted by FairyDust View Post
    HEy~!

I am currently:

Plan: T-Mobile USA unlimited everything.
    Iphone: 3GS
    Version: 4.1 (8B117)
    Modem Firmware: 05.14.02
    Jail Break : Green Pois0n (success)
    Unlock: status unknown

Using Cydia I have unsuccessfully unlocked my iphone not allowing me to use the phone service. I have tried two methods http://beta.leimobile.com/repo and a "666" method url

I have read that Modem Firmware: 05.14.02 is "impossible to unlock and using cydia's "Fuzzyband" impossible to role back.

I have read that there is a way to roll back your drivers.

This is my first attempt to Jailbreak/unlock as I fired at+t yesterday.

Please advise.

my aim is snipertka , I have ventrilo if voice help is needed.

Thanks~!
    Sorry. You read right. Currently there is no way to unlock your current baseband. Your gonna have to hope for Ultrasn0w to support your baseband in the fututre.

Thanks for the swift reply. Is there a way to roll it back? I read it is possible is it true?

-Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FairyDust View Post
    Thanks for the swift reply. Is there a way to roll it back? I read it is possible is it true?

-Thanks
    Yes. Currently there is no way to roll it back successfully.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Rinny I have a Loyalty Unlimited everything android plan. Right know everything works, except that I can only send but not receive MMS. I was unable to either send or receive, I tried your method and now I am able to send but still not receive.

Thanks in advance

Well I currently have the "T-Mobile Prepaid Unlimited MMS" package. Worked perfectly fine, up until last night. Stopped working out of nowhere... I tried adding different APNs, uninstalling/reinstalling the LEIMobile packages, taking out the SIM card, and restting the network settings many times, all to no avail. I still cannot send or receive photos...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Nemolink View Post
    Rinny I have a Loyalty Unlimited everything android plan. Right know everything works, except that I can only send but not receive MMS. I was unable to either send or receive, I tried your method and now I am able to send but still not receive.

Thanks in advance
    Try running the the patch again.

Also if you can get to your celluar Data Netwok settings

Change both APN to epc.tmobile.com

Quote Originally Posted by psibreaker View Post
    Well I currently have the "T-Mobile Prepaid Unlimited MMS" package. Worked perfectly fine, up until last night. Stopped working out of nowhere... I tried adding different APNs, uninstalling/reinstalling the LEIMobile packages, taking out the SIM card, and restting the network settings many times, all to no avail. I still cannot send or receive photos...
    Try this

Goto Cellualr Data Network.

and scrool to the bottom og of the page

and hit reset settings

Then reboot the phone the normail way Hold Power the use the slider to tune off the phone.

Once restarted go back to cellular data and make sure everything is empty

If it is go into cydia and reload the patch in leimobile repo

the go back to Cellular Data and use epc.tmobile.com in both APNs and see if that helps if nto then try changing the MMS to one of the following

internet2.voicestream.com then restart the phone, if still no good try wap.voicestream.com if that dont work try going back to epc.tmobile.com, but restart everytime you change settings.

if still not working, try and do the comm center patch. at the following post

http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/72...r-bundles.html

let me know
    Last edited by Rinnycoop121; 2010-10-18 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Rinnycoop121 For This Useful Post:

psibreaker (2010-10-19)

I used the OP's method and the internet works for a while and the mms was successful but then after a few hours.. i keep getting notifications that my cellular network is not working... I was using the wap.voicestream.com for both APNs last night and it was working fine.
    Now this morning it stopped working and I tried all of them and now none of them are working, I also tried removing all background action and rebooting... the APNs do not dissapear but simply does not function the internet...
    I'm running Iphone 4 on 4.1 01.59.00 bb on Tmobile with the Tzones plan.

"Could not activate cellular data network" is what pops up
    Last edited by jess127; 2010-10-18 at 07:07 PM.
    Iphone 4 16GB
    Iphone 2g 8GB (Retired)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jess127 View Post
    I used the OP's method and the internet works for a while and the mms was successful but then after a few hours.. i keep getting notifications that my cellular network is not working... I was using the wap.voicestream.com for both APNs last night and it was working fine.
    Now this morning it stopped working and I tried all of them and now none of them are working, I also tried removing all background action and rebooting... the APNs do not dissapear but simply does not function the internet...
    I'm running Iphone 4 on 4.1 01.59.00 bb on Tmobile with the Tzones plan.

"Could not activate cellular data network" is what pops up

What other methods did you try?

let me know

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast