Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: easy way to fix MMS for iPhone 4 on 4.1

anyone having trouble with sending mms through att?

iPhone? More like MyPhone Rinnycoop121's Avatar
    Thanks

Don't use it, AT&T has terrable coverage in my part of texas
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rinnycoop121 For This Useful Post:

DevouredDreams (2010-10-19), Nemolink (2010-10-19)

i figured out what it was ultrasn0w was ******* it up lol dont know why but after deletion of package all is well

I didn't use any other method yet. Your original post method works, however the data service and mms comes and goes as it pleases....
    Last edited by jess127; 2010-10-19 at 08:04 PM.
    Iphone 4 16GB
    Iphone 2g 8GB (Retired)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Uninstalled the patch, reinstalled it used epc.tmobile.com as my cellular data APN and wap.voicestream.com as my MMS APN and now MMS is working (sending & receiving) as well as safari, youtube and facebook. Do any of you guys have facetime working? I think I read somewhere someone had it working on t-mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemolink View Post
    Uninstalled the patch, reinstalled it used epc.tmobile.com as my cellular data APN and wap.voicestream.com as my MMS APN and now MMS is working (sending & receiving) as well as safari, youtube and facebook. Do any of you guys have facetime working? I think I read somewhere someone had it working on t-mobile.
    I have it working on Tmobile... used mitime.info ...
    I had already updated to 4.1 when i found out I couldn't activate it so sunday I downgraded to 4.0.1, activated FT, then upgraded it back to 4.1... I test called to my ipod touch and worked fine =]
    Iphone 4 16GB
    Iphone 2g 8GB (Retired)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jess127 View Post
    I didn't use any other method yet. Your original post method works, however the data service and mms comes and goes as it pleases....
    yeah it does that, you just need to keep trying to run Safari and it starts back up after a while.

But make sure you have nothing running in the background.
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Don't forget the hit the Thanks Button

I had already updated to 4.1 when i found out I couldn't activate it so sunday I downgraded to 4.0.1, activated FT, then upgraded it back to 4.1... I test called to my ipod touch and worked fine =]
    How did u upgrade i to 4.1 with out losing ur baseband? tinyumbrella work only when u restore.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vboyz View Post
    How did u upgrade i to 4.1 with out losing ur baseband? tinyumbrella work only when u restore.
    No TinyUmbrella works with a clean update also but make sure you save you shsh and you have TSS Server running when updating to 4.1

once finished all you do is click the button that says Kick out of recovery.

Then once iTunes see's you phone it will ask if you would like to restore from backup or Setup as new "Your Choice"

I still can't get Facetime to work.

Any suggestions
    Last edited by Rinnycoop121; 2010-10-26 at 04:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnycoop121 View Post
    No TinyUmbrella works with a clean update also but make sure you save you shsh and you have TSS Server running when updating to 4.1

Then once iTunes see's you phone it will ask if you would like to restore from backup or Setup as new "Your Choice"

Any suggestions
    I just did a fresh install and found a way to activate it. You have to get FaceBreak, after installing turn FT on thru the Phone settings, then go into FaceBreak and turn on Force FT, afterwards you will go back into Phone settings and see that it's activated. Only problem is you will be charged int'l msg, $0.40 per FT to be exact. My bill just came and I was lucky to only have dealt little damage since I was a little cautious, and MiTime doesn't work with 4.1

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iinfamousaznn View Post
    I just did a fresh install and found a way to activate it. You have to get FaceBreak, after installing turn FT on thru the Phone settings, then go into FaceBreak and turn on Force FT, afterwards you will go back into Phone settings and see that it's activated. Only problem is you will be charged int'l msg, $0.40 per FT to be exact. My bill just came and I was lucky to only have dealt little damage since I was a little cautious, and MiTime doesn't work with 4.1

I do not get the Notification. all i get is waiting for activation under the on/off switch.

any one have any ideas.

Any suggestions
    Did you activate facetime on 4.0.X ?
    Do you have the att micro sim at all??

what errors do you get?

I do not get the Notification. all i get is waiting for activation under the on/off switch.

any one have any ideas.
    is it ON or OFF?

I manually turned mine ON without mitime before i installed it... i was like... OOOPs.... but somehow it hasnt shown any charges to my account yet...
    Last edited by jess127; 2010-10-27 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Iphone 4 16GB
    Iphone 2g 8GB (Retired)

Thanks

when it is off there is a warning message under the on/off switch that my number will be shared with who ever i facetime bla bla bla....

When i hit the switch to turn it on, the bla bla bla message go's away and then it says waiting for activation.

I have a micro AT&T sim, When i got the phone it was on 4.0.2 waited for jailbreak, but when it was on at&t i activated Facetiem and it was working fine.

but ever since i jailbroke and and started using my tmobile account,
    i cannot get it to to activate, i left it in the on position through out the night and when i woke this morning the switch was turned OFF.

so anyone know what can be done, oh yeah also tried a program called FaceBreak that did not help nothing.

let me know what you come up with

when it is off there is a warning message under the on/off switch that my number will be shared with who ever i facetime bla bla bla....

When i hit the switch to turn it on, the bla bla bla message go's away and then it says waiting for activation.

I have a micro AT&T sim, When i got the phone it was on 4.0.2 waited for jailbreak, but when it was on at&t i activated Facetiem and it was working fine.

but ever since i jailbroke and and started using my tmobile account,
    i cannot get it to to activate, i left it in the on position through out the night and when i woke this morning the switch was turned OFF.

so anyone know what can be done, oh yeah also tried a program called FaceBreak that did not help nothing.

let me know what you come up with
    Its probably because you activated facetime on that device previously with ATT... idk how to get around that... ask pushfix on twitter
    Iphone 4 16GB
    Iphone 2g 8GB (Retired)

Thanks

k thanks

Thanks

Does this work for AT&T plans as well? all my forum searches say tmobile this and tmobile that. I get blank items when receiving mms and sending gets about 90% on the sending bar then fails! I'm missing my media sharing something fierce!

OK, lets try this, IRONING (searching) nope, HOUSE WORK (searching) nothing , LAUNDRY (searching) zip ,So much for the slogan "THERE IS AN APP FOR THAT"

Thanks

no the leimobile.com fix is only for tmobile, why would you be having problems with AT&T if it is the official carrier?

Thanks

I am a official att I cant get past the waiting for activation. HELP.
    LIVE FOR TODAY,
    BECAUSE TOMORROW
    IS NEVER PROMISED"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by black_orchid View Post
    I am a official att I cant get past the waiting for activation. HELP.
    If you are officialy on AT&T you need to activate you FaceTime Before you jailbreak.

My facetime is activated but everytime i make a FT call it fails right away
    any help?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast