Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Verdict - AT&T in T-Mobile out

Default Verdict - AT&T in T-Mobile out
    Well, after years and years of being a loyal T-Mo customer, I did the math and T-Mo is just not worth it when it comes to owning an iPhone. This prompted by the not-so-good customer experience I received recently from T-Mo in conjunction with my questions. They closed the call by suggesting I could go to their other customer service department and they could assist me in dis-continuing my service. I think I'll take their advice.

On a side note --
    They can verify which phone is on their network and were able to see my iPhone. Only option is to buy their $30 internet plan, which supports 3G for T-Mo phones, but not iPhone. I asked why they don't have an intermediate price solution, but said the $30 plan is for everyone and they don't advertise the 3G as a benefit for this plan. So I can use iPone and pay for T-Mo 3G speed and only get Edge, or pay $25 and get true AT&T 3G speed.

For a family of 4, buying iphones full retail and putting them on T-Mo versus buying discounted iphones and getting ATT 2-year contract, the ATT plan wins and you get the benefit of 3G data speed. Plus no chance for face time extraneous over charges, or other issues related to adding this phone onto a carrier plan that doesn't support them, having to get a carrier unlock, etc.

T-Mo will charge teh $30 for any smart phone/internet phone, not just iphone. I really like the iPhone, so good bye T-Mobile.

I can see where you are coming from. I am on tmo but on old plans. All unlimited calling and texting. One has blackberry data,the other 2 have the 5.99 tzones I got a great deal on 2 3gs' for 100 each so I decided to try it and everything works and my bill is 180 so I'm staying put. If I went on AT&T I heard it would be closer to 300.