Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-Mobile Audit - Tunered off Web2Go

Exclamation T-Mobile Audit - Tunered off Web2Go
    FYI T-Mobile did a audit on my wife's iphone and shut off her $10 web2go. I called customer service tonight and talked to 5different managers and none of them would turn web2go back on for her phone and told me if I wanted web on that phone I had to upgrade to the $30 plan even though it's the same speed.

I told them I would be switching provider after years of being with T-Mobile and they all said ok, thank you for your years of service but we are still unable to enable web2go with a non T-Mobile smart phone.
    Last edited by Roush00; 2010-09-23 at 04:15 AM.

Well yea I mean they are right..even though ur getting the same speed you'll be surfing a lot more on a smartphone therefore using more bandwidth so it makes sense for them to charge more. The 9.99 is for phones that don't have full browsers so use very little bandwidth. It's not their responsibility to make sure everyone has a 3G-capable phone.
    altough it would be real nice if they had a $20 plan for ppl with iPhones who only use edge. That would be fair.
    Last edited by Waleed786; 2010-09-23 at 04:37 AM.

this happened to me once. I put my sim in an old phone and called up and said, "ya, i guess i can't afford to use my iphone so im just going to use this old phone" they switched it back and after the call i put my sim back in my iphone and they haven't bothered me since. Say thanks!

They're always checking, they'll catch u eventually. Unless u use like less than 10mb a month, ull be caught one day.

If I lose my 5.99 tzones internet I will port out all 3 of my lines. I normally use 200-400mb a month.

If I'm force to pay $30 for a data plan I might as well go with AT&T and get 3G.

Exactly, I don't understand why ppl don't just get 3G from AT&T instead of complaining that they can't get the 9.99 plan. They 5.99 is a good deal though, I don't think they'll ever cancel that on u since its grandfathered..it uses a proxy right? So it won't be as fast as the $30 edge.

I havent been caught in over a year

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I have 2 T-Zones on my T-Mobile, recently added 1 more T-Zones about 2 months ago with no problem. Networks usage is not more than 20MB per line.

I wasn't complaining about it, only trying to give you guys/girls a heads up about it. Also this happened to my wife's phone, shes a stay at home mom on wifi 99.9% of the time, not likes shes a heavy data user of the network like myself. I wanted to also voice that I think its completely insane to pay for a $29 data while its the same speed as the $9.99 plan. I have looked into switching over to AT&T it would be about a $30 increase over what we are paying now. Plus the speed of 3G data would be nice..

Well if u get even more plus it will be $25. But yea they should have a plan for iPhone users since we don't get 3G. I wanted to switch to AT&T also but u have to get a contract no matter what, I hate contracts.

I also hate Contracts.. I was also looking into Simple Mobile or H20

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

I didn't know they could do that. I've had 2 iPhones with T-Mobile for over 2 years and not once did they shut off my web2go. Then I switched to AT&T for the iPhone 4 :P I'm only paying $15 more a month than I was on T-Mobile but to me it's worth it for the 3G speeds and not worrying about unlocking. But some people don't think that's worth it :/

Simple mobile is with tmobile so it won't have 3g and h2o only has a 200mb package, not unlimited.

I go to college so I qualify for that premier discount with AT&T but now that they took away unlimited 3G idk if I want to switch, 2gb is very little. Maybe I can find someone who has the unlimited and can transfer their plan If i pay some $$. That way I won't have to sign the full 2 years either.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Waleed786 View Post
    I go to college so I qualify for that premier discount with AT&T but now that they took away unlimited 3G idk if I want to switch, 2gb is very little. Maybe I can find someone who has the unlimited and can transfer their plan If i pay some $$. That way I won't have to sign the full 2 years either.
    How many GB do you use a month? Just curious. I thought 2GB was too little too since I'm ALWAYS using my data but I've been keeping track of how much I use and how much I have left and it looks like after my first month, I don't come too close to 2GB. I'll get over 1.5GB but that's like on the last day of the cycle if my calculations are accurate. On T-Mo when I had unlimited, at the end of the month I only used 1.2GB or 1.3GB and never more. I'm not too upset about the 2GB cap anymore.