Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3Gs, T-mobile, OS 4.0.1 HELP PLEASE, Keyboard response SUCKS! Will pay!

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Iphone 3Gs, T-mobile, OS 4.0.1 HELP PLEASE, Keyboard response SUCKS! Will pay!
    Ok, I am having a brain fart.. Even though I have donated to others on this site, I still seem to get no help from them.

I have, as you see.. An Iphone on T-mo, let me give you the run down

Iphone 3Gs
    OS 4.0.1 (8a306)
    T-Mo Unlimited plan, Unlimited everything
    MMS working
    Internet working
    SMS working

model MB715ll

modem firmware 05.13.04

OK, I have tried Pwange, All the versions, And no matter what, Pwnage, and REDSNOW will not see the 4.0.1 firmware bundle. I got the phone, Direct from Apple, 6 weeks ago, With 4.0.1 on it.
    I used Jailbrakeme.com to get cydia on there. And Have unlocked with UltraSn0w..

Everything works...BUT! SBsetting's is a bit strange, the memory manager SUCK's, Keep throwing the phone off a cliff, to the point I have to re-boot sometimes...

I did pay, and add a Spooky ET IPCC bundle to get T-Mo features Up and going, and that worked.. I tryed to ask him, since I donated to him as well, BUT NO RESPONSE!

The MAJOR PROBLEM.. The SMS, and Mail..Well any time I type out an SMS, Or E-mail the keyboard response SUCKS.. It's acting like it's lagging.. Like it has NO memory..(It has plenty, 116MB, or 33MB it will do the same thing) I have tried to re-install everything I can, Like Cydia, and SBsettings.. I tried it with nothing but Cydia

I was told it's a restore problem, That I created.. I don't know how, Since I've never had any problems like this before, and I've owned every other IPhone.

SO, I tried to do a restore to 4.0.1 And guess what, I CAN'T APPLE WONT LET ME!!

SO, I'm wondering what to do..

Any help, links, info would be great.. I'll even donate for your time, if you help me fix it.. It's very trouble sum trying to type, and you hit a button.. and it does not respond!
    So for now, I'm going to leave as is.. Please, Help..
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You'll need SHSHs to restore. Do you have them for 4.0.1?

iPhone? More like MyPhone 97vrsix's Avatar
    Thanks

No, I do not.. At this point.. I just dropped my NEW PHONE!, and the glass has cracked.. I'm going to send it out for repair. So , I have a week to get the info I need to do this.. Cause it's really annoying to type.. thanks for the response!
    New unibody Macbook Pro, the jacked Model.. Iphone 2G, and 3G, 3G's, And 4G.

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

Ok see I'm not asking if you have your SHSHs with you/the phone, I'm asking if you remember saving them in Cydia.

You'll need SHSHs to restore, no matter what. Otherwise you'll be forced up to 4.1.