Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Wifi Shows Connected in Settings but no Wifi

Default Wifi Shows Connected in Settings but no Wifi
    Ok so heres my problem. I have a 3gs iphone on Tmobile running 3.1.2 modem 5.11.07and ran into a problem with Wifi. It shows connected to my network in settings but when im using the internet it never shows the Wifi Icon. I saw something strange when i went to Network Carriers. When i open it up under settings the wifi icon shows up and then it dissapears when i return to a web browser. Anyone know the fix to the situation to get Wifi to work properly.

Id say try some basic stuff like reset network settings, hard resert phone (ex: hold down power + home for 10 seconds), even try updating to ios 4 or 3.1.3. Im not sure whats causing it but try these steps to see which works

bump. tried the basic stuff. was going to update to 4.0 but don't have 3.12 saved on cydia. Is this still necessary or an old method. Anyone else have a solution?

Sounds like a problem on the main board to me.

If you want to update to 4.0 you need the shsh files for 4.0 saved. You only need the 3.1.2 if you plan on going back to 3.1.2.

iPhone? More like MyPhone smuj29's Avatar
    Thanks

I had same problem, i have iphone4 4.0.1 i reset network settings and rebooted, thos fixed it however now and again it does it, might b my wifi. Smuj

I'm having the same issue and this is my second iPhone 4. Apple seems clueless.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    Same issue here...just noticed it today. Kind of a bummer since I do not get much of a signal at work and rely on wifi for most everything. Odd thing is, I checked my DHCP server, as I am the network admin at my job, and my iphone is not listed as a client though the settings say it is connected.