Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: T-mobile roam at&t

Default T-mobile roam at&t
    So I have an iphone 3G 3.1.2, blacksnow jailbreak and ultrasnow unlocked.

I have service with t-mobile and found out t-mobile nationwide plans have free roaming but when I select at&t service from carriers list the phone shows up as "no service"

So I just want to know how I can get the no service gone and get it to go onto at&t network.

note: I do have t-mobile service no problems but I just wanted to test the at&t free roaming thing too.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by drago10029 View Post
    So I have an iphone 3G 3.1.2, blacksnow jailbreak and ultrasnow unlocked.

I have service with t-mobile and found out t-mobile nationwide plans have free roaming but when I select at&t service from carriers list the phone shows up as "no service"

So I just want to know how I can get the no service gone and get it to go onto at&t network.

note: I do have t-mobile service no problems but I just wanted to test the at&t free roaming thing too.
    i be live because you still t mobile Sim card in the phone.you cannot have t mobile service and try to use at&t data,it won't work.

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

In most places AT&T and T-Mobile don't allow in-market roaming if they have a large amount of native coverage in said area. That's the case in most metros now.

I've been able to roam on AT&T on highways/county roads and some rural towns (where AT&T bought up the local carrier), but I lose it when I hit the outskirts of a decently sized city.

YMMV, but don't expect to get on AT&T (much less any AT&T 3G-capable areas) without using an AT&T SIM.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GenesisDH For This Useful Post:

drago10029 (2010-09-06)

Yes, even if you are in an area where T-Mobile drops coverage, but AT&T is readily available, this does not mean you are entitled to connecting. As stated, when you are out of a populated area and T-Mobile coverage gets low, it will hopefully hop onto AT&T, it just depends mainly on the area and if T-Mobile has a partnership to roam there. Even in the town I live in which has T-Mobile coverage everywhere, I sometimes see AT&T pop up with 1 bar, then it will drop and go back to full bars with T-Mobile.

this is really good info thanks!

btw, how do you find out about this anyway?

Will T-mobile 3G service able to support the Unlocked Apple Iphone including Edge in the future or next year?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mechanicgjr8156 View Post
    Will T-mobile 3G service able to support the Unlocked Apple Iphone including Edge in the future or next year?
    All currently available iPhones will never support T-Mobile 3G. Its physically impossible due to the radio frequency not available inside the phone itself. Has nothing to do with T-Mobile not allowing it.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to codester3388 For This Useful Post:

mechanicgjr8156 (2010-09-11)

i experienced this today while near the grand canyon in arizona, no tmobile service in the area and my iphone hopped onto the AT&T network there with 2 bars and i enabled 3G and that worked too :P

but as soon as i got back into a city area, it went straight back to T-Mobile Edge with 4 bars

Wait. You can use 3G while roaming??? Did i just get trolled?

My iPhone is a Part of Me
    Thanks

There used to be reports of getting 3G while roaming, but most reports died shortly before the 3G iPhone was announced.
    Member of the hackint0sh forums.
    HowardForums Member: Haas_Dave

Quote Originally Posted by corkey20000 View Post
    Wait. You can use 3G while roaming??? Did i just get trolled?
    nope, when i roamed on ATT, i got 3G
    it was short lived tho, tmobile service took over once i got out the the canyon
    WANT A UDID SLOT TO RUN BETA iOS FIRMWARE? 87 SLOTS AVALIABLE. $3 EACH PM ME