Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 4 - TMobile Web n Walk - Germany

Default iPhone 4 - TMobile Web n Walk - Germany
    Hello,

I'm visiting Germany this week and I purchased a T-Mobile (Telekom.de) Web 'n' Walk prepaid micro-sim. My iPhone 4 is jailbroken and unlocked.

I believe I was misinformed by my girlfriend's parents. They bought the same prepaid sim for their iPad and iPhone 4 and told me it worked great.

After installing it, I realized it only works for cellular. They then realized that it only worked 100% in their iPad.

Ugh. So now I may be out 40 euros and still no Internet phone!

Apparently, these sims only seem to work on actual iPads, which doesn't make much sense to me. Is there a way around this by changing the APN settings somehow?

Any help would be appreciated. Also, if there is no way of making this work, is there another carrier (like O2) that offers prepaid cards that will work with the iPhone 4? It would really help to have access to a 3G network while traveling.

Thanks in advance!

Go to settings, general, network settings, cellular data settings, and then you can change the apn. If you don't see this option, download supreme preferences 3.0 and you can change the apn. Make sure u download 3.0, 2.0 won't work with i4

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Waleed786 For This Useful Post:

philexile (2010-09-05)

Hi,

APN is not availabe in cellular settings. I would download Supreme Preference 3.0, but it is no longer available in Cydia and, from what I read, it was removed due to bugginess.

I did find an online APN changer - Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone Unfortunately, none of the settings I tried worked. I always received a PDP failure.

Any other suggestions?

Hello,

Sorry to be a pest, but any other thoughts on this from anyone?

I'm guessing the sim is somehow doing a check to see if its on an iPad or not and then cutting off the data. Either that or the iPhone 4 doesn't know how to configure itself to work with the sim properly.

Any help would be apprecieted, especially from German forum users.

Thank you
    Last edited by philexile; 2010-09-05 at 01:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Default I have the same problem
    I couldn't find anywhere an answer to that..
    Why wouldn't the ipad sim work on my iphone 4?
    I have tried all of the apns I have found but no result...