Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Upgrade from 4.0 to 4.0.1

Default Upgrade from 4.0 to 4.0.1
    is there anyway to upgrade to 4.0.1 from 4.0 now since apple has stopped signing the whatever. im trying to fix mms and the commcenter patch only works for 4.0.1 there is no 4.0 version. thanks in advance

My iPhone is a Part of Me Trooper Sam's Avatar
    Thanks

Which phone do you have?

iphone 4...i tried everything to get mms working without sshing into the phone...but i guess i have updrade to 4.0.1 to do so

Thanks

Unless you saved the 4.0.1 blobs when you had the chance, no, you won't be able to go to 4.0.1.

can i not just shift click restore/update and 4.0.1 firmware that i downloaded? or does that deal with the signing thing

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeystar2b View Post
    can i not just shift click restore/update and 4.0.1 firmware that i downloaded? or does that deal with the signing thing
    It does deal with that signing thing, or SHSH. Apple generates SHSHs for individual phones based on the phone's unique ECID. When they release a new firmware, like they did with 4.0.2, then they stop signing the previous one. In this case, they stopped signing 4.0.1 on August 19.

So, unless you took action to save that SHSH, say, by pressing "make my life easier", it's unlikely that you have the SHSH you need for 4.0.1.

It'd still be worth trying TinyUmbrella to see if the SHSH might be saved on Cydia. It costs you nothing to check.