Results 1 to 12 of 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: How To Enable T-Mobile MMS On Firmware 3.x and 4.x

  1. #1
    Smile How To Enable T-Mobile MMS On Firmware 3.x and 4.x
    Hello guys I'm sorry there are probably other posts about this but this is the only one that worked for me.
    I'm pretty sure that this has been posted before threfore please accept my apology for re-posting it since there are quite a number of people asking for it.

    1. For those that are still on 3.1.2 and 3.1.3, if you have to restore your phone and stay on 3.1.2 or 3.1.3, you will not find T-Mobile US - Postpaid for Legacy postpaid and flexpaid plan from Cydia (Cydia.pushfix.info) anymore.

    2. For those that are just upgraded to 4.0 or 4.01, most likely your MMS is no longer working.

    Therefore, to get your MMS working whether you are on 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0 or 4.01, you need to do the following:

    1. Open Cydia
    2. Go to Manage > Sources > Edit > Add > add source "Cydia.pushfix.info" MAKE SURE YOU CAPITALIZE THE C in Cydia!
    3. Go to Search and search for T-mobile US MMS Fix for iOS4
    4. Install T-mobile US MMS Fix for iOS4 (You may or may not have to reboot your phone after installation)
    5. Exit Cydia and reboot the phone
    6. Once you are back on spring board, go to settings > general > network > cellular data network and type in the following:

    Cellular Data
    Apn: internet2.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:

    MMS
    Apn: wap.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

    Your MMS should be working properly now. I have tested this method on iphone 3g, 3gs on firmware 3.1.2 and newer (except 4.0.2).
    If it's not working, try rebooting your phone again.

    Note: This method hasn't been tested on iphone 2G and iphone 4 or firmwares older than 3.1.2.


    Hope this help anybody with t-mobile MMS issue.
    Please thank this post if I helped you.
    ***IF THAT DID NOT WORK TRY PUTTING THESE SETTINGS***
    Apn: internet2.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:

    MMS
    Apn: wap.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bodia619 For This Useful Post:

    -vis0- (2010-09-19), BLASTphemus (2010-12-24), c2rjay (2011-02-16)

  3. #2
    thanks worked for me!
    3g on 4.0.2

  4. #3
    Green Apple -vis0-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Area Code: 304
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Am going to try it on a 3g 4.0 when my buddy brings it to me, thanks in advance.

  5. #4
    What's Jailbreak? ieatsheeet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Your ***. It smells.
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    OR, you could install the SinfuliPhoneRepo and download the MMS package for T-mobile, reset your Network Settings and then reboot the phone....
    3.08.09 <3
    Macbook Pro 15" i7 8GB RAM 500GB SSD HD
    iPhone 3G 3.1.3 T-Mobile

  6. #5
    Green Apple -vis0-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Area Code: 304
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Could you install this option even if used at&t. But wanted to leave it on there just incase I switch to t-mo? Know what I mean.

  7. #6
    iphone 4 tmobile version 4.0 any help to get mms work thanks

  8. #7
    What's Jailbreak? ieatsheeet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Your ***. It smells.
    Posts
    20
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by -vis0- View Post
    Could you install this option even if used at&t. But wanted to leave it on there just incase I switch to t-mo? Know what I mean.
    I don't think it will work because the package is made for T-Mo
    3.08.09 <3
    Macbook Pro 15" i7 8GB RAM 500GB SSD HD
    iPhone 3G 3.1.3 T-Mobile

  9. #8
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    argh it still isnt working iphone 3g ios 4.0 rejailbroken last night via redsn0w i have an active att sim and active tmobile sim it keeps saying searching or no service no matter what method i try (including ultrasn0w)

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by jordanarath View Post
    iphone 4 tmobile version 4.0 any help to get mms work thanks

    same here..

    i have a iphine 4 w/ 4.0 and i havnt had mms in weeks. i have tried everything

    please help us...

    both settings did not work on my iphone 4/ 4.0

    thanx

    Quote Originally Posted by jordanarath View Post
    iphone 4 tmobile version 4.0 any help to get mms work thanks
    this just worked for me

    make sure you have any other iphone4 mms fixed deleted.

    http://modmyi.com/forums/t-mobile/73...ml#post5491393

    i have a iphone 4 w/ 4.0
    Last edited by eergsxr; 2010-10-05 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

  11. #10
    Green Apple BLASTphemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada. USA
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by bodia619 View Post
    Hello guys I'm sorry there are probably other posts about this but this is the only one that worked for me.
    I'm pretty sure that this has been posted before threfore please accept my apology for re-posting it since there are quite a number of people asking for it.

    1. For those that are still on 3.1.2 and 3.1.3, if you have to restore your phone and stay on 3.1.2 or 3.1.3, you will not find T-Mobile US - Postpaid for Legacy postpaid and flexpaid plan from Cydia (Cydia.pushfix.info) anymore.

    2. For those that are just upgraded to 4.0 or 4.01, most likely your MMS is no longer working.

    Therefore, to get your MMS working whether you are on 3.1.2, 3.1.3, 4.0 or 4.01, you need to do the following:

    1. Open Cydia
    2. Go to Manage > Sources > Edit > Add > add source "Cydia.pushfix.info" MAKE SURE YOU CAPITALIZE THE C in Cydia!
    3. Go to Search and search for T-mobile US MMS Fix for iOS4
    4. Install T-mobile US MMS Fix for iOS4 (You may or may not have to reboot your phone after installation)
    5. Exit Cydia and reboot the phone
    6. Once you are back on spring board, go to settings > general > network > cellular data network and type in the following:

    Cellular Data
    Apn: internet2.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:

    MMS
    Apn: wap.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

    Your MMS should be working properly now. I have tested this method on iphone 3g, 3gs on firmware 3.1.2 and newer (except 4.0.2).
    If it's not working, try rebooting your phone again.

    Note: This method hasn't been tested on iphone 2G and iphone 4 or firmwares older than 3.1.2.


    Hope this help anybody with t-mobile MMS issue.
    Please thank this post if I helped you.
    ***IF THAT DID NOT WORK TRY PUTTING THESE SETTINGS***
    Apn: internet2.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:

    MMS
    Apn: wap.voicestream.com
    Username:
    Password:
    MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf
    After hrs of reading through countless threads this finally worked. Thank you!

    *WARNING*

    After going through this setup, I then restored from backup in itunes (to get my contacts back)and it wiped out my apn/mms settings. I had to reinstall "T-mobile US MMS Fix for iOS4" and the apn/mms setting again.
    Last edited by BLASTphemus; 2010-12-24 at 02:14 PM.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to BLASTphemus For This Useful Post:

    DrAnal (2010-12-24)

  13. #11
    Will doing this make me get charged monthly for data use by T-Mobile? Because on my old phone I was able to send MMS just fine. When I moved to my iPhone after the last unlock, it wouldn't let me anymore. I was told it was because I didn't have a data plan, but I had it before anyways.
    Last edited by Rubido; 2010-12-25 at 01:10 AM.

  14. #12
    Green Apple BLASTphemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada. USA
    Posts
    53
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by Rubido View Post
    Will doing this make me get charged monthly for data use by T-Mobile? Because on my old phone I was able to send MMS just fine. When I moved to my iPhone after the last unlock, it wouldn't let me anymore. I was told it was because I didn't have a data plan, but I had it before anyways.
    Contact Tmobile and find out. That's what I would do if I were you.

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •