Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Need Your Help Please

Default Need Your Help Please
    I have an iphone 3gs on the 4.0.1 software. i am on the tmobile family plan. my wifi and everything works, but i want internet when there isnt any wifi. what is the cheapest plan i can add to my tmobile account so i can get internet? i was reading around here about the 5.99 and the 9.99 plan and then hacking it to get it to go unlimited or something, but i am a bit confused as some of these posts seem a little older and maybe out of date.

help me understand please. thanks.

very simple...they do not offer the 5.99 plan any more...just get online and order the 9.99 internet plan...just tell them you are getting the internet for your gravity 2 or some other simple internet capable phone. then you do one setting change which is change the line in the APN carrier network setting to "internet2.voicestream.com."

once in place it should work on edge just fine...slow but fine

3. The Following User Says Thank You to hotairgypsy For This Useful Post:

modonee (2010-08-25)

Thanks so if I change the apn carrier settings my data plan then becomes unlimited?

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

You have to go online to your account and add the 9.99 web2go plan to get unlimited web. Then setting the APN to "internet2.voicestream.com" will allow you to use the plan you added.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

modonee (2010-08-28)

^^ok I see. But that doesn't make it unlimited. You essentially are just getting what u are paying for

Quote Originally Posted by modonee View Post
    ^^ok I see. But that doesn't make it unlimited. You essentially are just getting what u are paying for
    You are paying for unlimited... T-Mobile doesn't have a data cap yet, so the current 9.99 plan is unlimited on the iPhone.
    The only thing I ask in return for helping, is that you click the thanks button, Thanks!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblue_pimp For This Useful Post:

modonee (2010-08-28)

Retired Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,202 Times in 1,924 Posts

The 9.99 web2go is unlimited its just for regular nonsmartphones, thats why its cheap. Thats why you have to add it yourself online to avoid a rep asking for the IMEI of a nonsmartphone or proving someway you dont have a smartphone and bump you up to the 24.99 plan.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to i.Annie For This Useful Post:

modonee (2010-08-28)

Great thankS