Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2g iPhone Firmware Upgrade 3.1.3 Problem

Default 2g iPhone Firmware Upgrade 3.1.3 Problem
    I just tried to upgrade to 3.1.3 on my 2G iPhone following the guide "how-jailbreak-unlock-3-1-3-iphone-2g-windows-os-x"

Everything seemed to go fine through to the reboot. Saw my apps, contacts, etc. Clicked on Cydia and everything seemed to crap out. Not internet, no contacts, messaging, pone, etc.

What did I do? How do I correct?

Thanks!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You need to be much more specific. "crap out" is not enough information to retrace your steps and help correct your issues.

I still see my wallpaper when the phone initially comes up on the lock screen. Immediately after I hit the slide to unlock, my wallpaper disappears (which I had set for background) and the Springboard is black. Although I still see most of the apps I have loaded from App Store, I no longer see icons in my Dock. In fact, I see no icons for Messaging, Phone, Email, Internet, iPod or Cydia (including all downloads). I also see the T-Mobile logo in the status area but have no connectivity (when trying to pull up YouTube for example).

As I said, when the phone initially came out of reboot, it looked fine. I clicked App Store to load some updates and then did the same for Cydia which is when the above issues occurred.