Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Fix iphone 4 MMS & Internet For those who have tried everything

Default Fix iphone 4 MMS & Internet For those who have tried everything
    So I am one of those who have tried every patch every trick EVERYTHING to get MMS and Edge working on my iphone 4

Many attempt's I have gotten it to work and the next day it would just stop working.

Well I have finally fixed my problem working and testing MMS and Internet for 3 days on 4 different iphone 4s!. I don't know if this will work for everyone
    But its worth a shot.

MMS FIX T-MOBILE IPHONE 4:

1.Restore iphone 4 to 4.1.This step is not required but I would do it just to make sure your starting from scratch. (up to you)

2.Jailbreak with jailbreakme and do a FULL upgrade in Cydia. Not just essentials. Do a FULL upgrade!

(Don't restore from backup yet wait until you get your mms working your backup could have saved carrier setting that will mess with the mms)

3.Unlock with ultrasnow.

This step is a must do!

EDIT:Patch your commcenter and update your carrier bundle with legacy bundle
    here some links to do that: [ame]http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=984943[/ame]

Either shh into phone and patch your commcenter with terminal or install tether me from cydia which will patch your commcenter

4.Now (WITH) your t-mobile sim card in Reset network settings.

5.Now go to cydia add this repo http://beta.leimobile.com/repo/

6.Install T-mobile 4.0 MMS fix (yes I know there are plenty of fix's out there to download and Im sure you have even tried this one, but try it again this works)

7.reboot

8.let t-mobile find service

9.Now if you cant edit your apn settings Go into cydia and Install supreme Prefrences 3.0 from Xsellize repo

10. Go into cell data network and edit your apn like this:

APN: internet2.voicestream.com

MMS
    APN: wap.voicestream.com
    MMSC: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
    MMS PROXY: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS MAX MESSAGE SIZE: 1048576
    MMS UA PROF URL: BLANK

11.Try your MMS. You may have to reboot if it doesn't work the first time. But mine worked after editing the APN.

Let me know if you need any help. I have tried this over and over again working everytime with T-mobile -iphone 4 10$ dollar internet plan!
    Last edited by HeLLaxGoOd; 2010-08-27 at 10:37 PM.

would it work even after restart the phone?

what do you mean?restart the phone when?

Default At&T Sim card question
    Like you I have tried everything and no luck. I will try your method next.

One questions when you put the At&T sim is it the one non-active one that came from the phone or are you using an working/Active Sim??

I only have the one that came with the iphone and they won't sell me a micro prepaid simm at the At&T store.

Thanks

yah bro you can use any sim doesnt have to activated..if you need help just ask me i can do it step by step with you. Make sure you dont have any other fixed installed they wont interact with eachother.

So do we need to ssh and do the commcenter patch or can we just add the repo that you said and follow the other instructions?

ssh and patching and adding the repo and restore and install comm patch is same. so u can do either one .

I have heard if you install tether me it will patch your comm center for you.You still need to update your carrier bundle

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    like you said i am one of those guys that tried everything but nothing is working maybe because i have the canadian factory unlocked version iphone 4 with the 4.0.2 FW that 's not jailbroken yet(COMEX isn't working on it yet..)if you know of a way to do it without using cydia ,please let me know..thank you for all what you guys do ( i just downloaded the new ModMyi app on my phone from the app store..cool..)

''the media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction'' i can send picture from my iphone4 (canadian factory unlocked 4.0.2 FW not jailbroken)and receive picture only if i am sending them from my iphone but if someone send me a picture message i get the media error message..HELP...
    Last edited by miladkhahil; 2010-09-19 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I also have the exact same problem with a factory unlocked canadian iphone. I can send picture message to myself but cant recieve from anyone else. I have done everything possible. Hope there will be a fix for this soon

Quote Originally Posted by pistolxwhipped View Post

1.Restore iphone 4 to 4.1.This step is not required but I would do it just to make sure your starting from scratch. (up to you)
    doing this would make the iphone unjailbreakable at the current time because 4.1 hasn't been jailbroken on the iphone4
    i think you mean 4.0.1

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Restoring to 4.1 ??? Doing so will make your iPhone unjailbrakable at this time ..since there is no jailbreak for it yet ..and what about those who got there new iPhone4 with the 4.0.2 FW ...is there a solution to fix it since you can not jailbreak it or downgrade without having your shs file saved ??!!

Nope, people with 4.0.2 are stuck right now until the new jailbreak comes out

Ok, here's how I got mine to work after trying EVERYTHING listed on the internet. Leimobile, sinfuliphonerepo, iFile (and the whole cut & paste thing), and none worked.

My problem was that I couldn't send MMS but I could receive, and when I DID receive it would be like 1 day later. Sometimes coming in multiple times. Then I followed some instructions on the internet and somehow managed to be able to send MMS, but I couldn't use my internet anymore. SO--

This sounds a lot more obvious than I thought.... I figured it all depends on the internet data plan you have. That's why certain posted settings don't work for many people.

I don't use epc.tmobile.com for either APN fields. I use internet2.voicestream.com for the APN in Cellular Data and MMS.

Steps:

1. Go to Cydia
    2. Manage > Sources
    3. Add source: Cydia.pushfix.info
    4. After your add is complete, go into the source and install "T-Mobile US MMS Fix for iOS4" (I'm not sure if you have to reboot after this or not, but if you do then proceed)
    5. Go to Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data
    6. Enter this information in:

Cellular Data
    APN: internet2.voicestream.com (or whatever you use: epc.tmobile.com or wap.voicestream.com)
    Username: (leave empty)
    Password: (leave empty)

MMS
    APN: internet2.voicestream.com (AGAIN, whatever you have; epc.tmobile.com or wap.voicestream.com. Just MAKE SURE it's the same APN as the one you have on top under Cellular Data)
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
    MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
    MMS UA Prof URL: http://www.apple.com/mms/uaprof.rdf

Let me know if this works for you. I too tried everything I could find on the internet and this finally worked for both my MMS (receive/send) AND data network.

I tried vievid way but I can only send and when someone send me a picture I get a message saying "the media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction." help?

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gianpier View Post
    I tried vievid way but I can only send and when someone send me a picture I get a message saying "the media content was not included due to a picture resolution or message size restriction." help?
    your MMS apn incorected.
    MMS
    apn use wap.voicestream.com or epc.tmobile.com.Reboot your phone each time you change.